No announcement yet.

My father has passed away from COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry to hear this Erik. May your fond memories of your father provide some comfort during this difficult time.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, what is there to say - I echo all the condolences that have been posted here. So sorry to hear this, it is absolutely devastating news.

Comment

Sorry for you and your family.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

So sad to hear this...condolences.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Thanks, all.

My stepmother had an endoscopy that found an ulcer that was not bleeding. They think she will need at least 2 more days in the hospital.

The problem is what happens when she leaves. She is in California and my sisters and I are thousands of miles away.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Erik,
                this feels like a feeble thought in your time of need.

but if your stepmother uses the internet, it may not be difficult to get her set up with something like Zoom, to where she just clicks a link on a laptop and she can see and hear all of you at once in a call.

even better step would be headphones, but maybe that's too much at once. of course I don't know her tech savvy level.

maybe a 4-way conference call can work. if not, then setting a schedule for traditional calls, where you each set up a half-hour a week or whatever. Facebook if she uses that.

my Dad was a widower for 15 years and I have 4 siblings. we worked out a very rough schedule of visits over time (after 50 years, he had zero interest in getting 'back in the game'.)

yes, in person. but we work with the tools we have, and it seems like your stepmother might benefit from whichever of these levels is practical.

best of luck in a rough time.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

My condolences to you and your family, may you find the grace and strength to navigate this difficult time.

Comment

just saw this, sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Sorry for your loss
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Erik, sorry for your loss. This hit me deeper than I expected. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                        X