No announcement yet.

A little help on the quarantine issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help on the quarantine issue.

I am thinking about taking my wife for a car ride to get her out of the house. We are near a forest preserve. We will not have contact with anyone. We would not leave the car.

It seems that we would not be endangering anyone or ourselves.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I am thinking about taking my wife for a car ride to get her out of the house. We are near a forest preserve. We will not have contact with anyone. We would not leave the car.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.
    Very good idea. A safe out of the house activity
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

yes, I am in a "curfew state" shutdown from 8 pm to 5 am for the past two weeks.

but the daytime exceptions allowed for going out, aside from groceries or gas (or booze) include one for getting exercise and fresh air - with the 6-foot social distancing mandate being observed.

I was in a park on Friday - nice day - and sat on a bench. nobody got within 20 feet of me (reminded me of my teenage days after eating a whole box of Fudgetown cookies in one sitting!).

btw, if you do encounter someone on a walk - I just nod my head or tip my cap. not much good comes from opening one's mouth these days (in more ways than one).
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Please be extra careful when you drive though - people have stepped up recklessness in my area and a car accident resulting in a trip to the hospital - OOF

and I am in NJ also - a quarantine state

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          Please be extra careful when you drive though - people have stepped up recklessness in my area and a car accident resulting in a trip to the hospital - OOF

and I am in NJ also - a quarantine state
          We have had a huge drop in traffic and also the number of accidents has decreased by over 50% in Seattle. But as u sau a good time to be extra careful
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

gasoline is now under $2 a gallon, too

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Yeah, good safe excursion. We've taken the kids for walks in the park with the stroller when weather and time permit. The little ones get stir crazy. Everyone has been good about keeping their distance from each other so far. The only thing is they get frustrated that the playground part of the park is closed off, but that is obviously for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.
                We did exactly that today--drove from our place on the coast to the Salton Sea (about 3 hours) took the back roads, very nice and quiet--packed a lunch and took some TP. We found a secluded place to eat lunch and watch the water--I Sheltered in my Car today and never interacted with one person other than the wife. Nor had to touch anything (other than...)

Go for it and enjoy.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'd be careful where you go. When this started here in the UK, a lot of people had the same idea and b-lined to outdoors areas which they assumed would be isolated. Turned out so many people had the same idea that these areas got overrun with visitors.

You want to avoid this:

Car parks and trails could be shut to stop people visiting Snowdonia, while beaches are also busy.

"Snowdonia National Park Authority said its area "experienced its busiest ever visitor day in living memory" on Saturday."

Comment

well, that is easily avoided.

I visited a local park on Friday on a lovely afternoon. when I saw the parking lot, at first I was ready to drive away.

but it's a large park with a lot of hiking, so I looked to the main area that appealed to me - and there weren't more than a dozen people within a 100-yard area.

I haven't been to a supermarket in more than 2 weeks, because I am in a high-risk area and not getting any younger, and that's an enclosed space.

if I see a dopey group of 20 people coming my way at a park, I can easily walk away before they get near me.

and yes, change your plans if your desired area is crowded.

the people dumb enough to socially engage at that moment also were dumb enough to do so in the past few weeks and infect themselves - and you could be next on their list.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Yeah, the UK is different than the US. Way less space. Way denser population. In most parts of the country here, there is still lots of elbow room relative to the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X