How will you handle auctions if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will you handle auctions if...

For those of you who have went ahead with your auctions and drafts how will you handle it if the season is postponed to 2021?

Do you keep your contracts as new? Do you have another auction as if nothing happened? Advance a year as if the season was played?

If you haven't made a decision what would you like to do if it was up to you?

For RJEL, which drafted earlier this month, we have not broached this yet, but we definitely would not advance a year.

As commish, I would leave it up to the league to decide if we just keep the rosters as is for '21 or if we re-auction, which would probably make the most sense. Keepers would have to stay as is.

Comment

When and if the time comes, our league will discuss the various options and then vote on them.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        When and if the time comes, our league will discuss the various options and then vote on them.
        But what would you like to see if it was your call?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          But what would you like to see if it was your call?
          I would think a redraft would make the most sense. A lot changes in a year why would you stick with results that were based on the idea of playing in 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I would think a redraft would make the most sense. A lot changes in a year why would you stick with results that were based on the idea of playing in 2020
            So you would not count or move ahead the contracts? They go back to this months status correct?

Comment

We held our auction last weekend. We decided that if the season is cancelled, rosters will revert to the end of 2019 and we will treat it as if 2020 never happened. Contracts and prices will increase by only 1 year not 2, keepers will be resubmitted in 2021. Seems like the fairest way to do things

Comment

I would think all 2020 fantasy leagues should be voided, especially only leagues, there will be free agents after 2020 season who wasn’t available

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  So you would not count or move ahead the contracts? They go back to this months status correct?
                  Right, I would not move contracts. If the 2020 season doesn't happen you treat 2021 just like it was the 2020 season.

Comment

What I would vote:
                    Don't advance contact
                    Hold new auction
                    Keep the same amount but be able to choose new keepers based on the team we just auctioned
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      What I would vote:
                      Don't advance contact
                      Hold new auction
                      Keep the same amount but be able to choose new keepers based on the team we just auctioned
                      I agree with this.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        What I would vote:
                        Don't advance contact
                        Hold new auction
                        I agree, but I would make unlimited keepers. The only reasons we cap keepers is to keep rebuilds from going crazy and to make the draft worth a lot. Well, the rosters are already balanced, so the problem with too many keepers is moot. This way if someone has a great draft, they can keep it. Conversely, they can throw back anyone they don't want and redraft those. Seems silly to cap the keepers when all of the reasons why we might cap keepers are off the table.

Comment

One RJEL issue would be--the minor league draft--How would we set draft order? With no one on you minor league squad moving up or losing eligibility, roster space issues.

I'd suggest NO minor league draft for 2020 new players. Go into 2021 as we went into 2020.

That'd be a VERY interesting experience, not only knowing Who got whom at the auction, but because of our HDID threads, knowing each other's auction strategies.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            One RJEL issue would be--the minor league draft--How would we set draft order? With no one on you minor league squad moving up or losing eligibility, roster space issues.

I'd suggest NO minor league draft for 2020 new players. Go into 2021 as we went into 2020.

That'd be a VERY interesting experience, not only knowing Who got whom at the auction, but because of our HDID threads, knowing each other's auction strategies.
                            If the 2020 season doesn't happen it seems like all leagues should just roll back to the end of the 2019 season basically.

If you already had your auction (I'm not in any league that has personally, but hypothetically), aren't you arbitrarily rewarding teams that took injury risks on injured players? Since those players would theoretically be healthy in 2021? Personally I'd be voting for proceeding forward as if the 2020 draft did not occur, unless there's a 2020 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              If the 2020 season doesn't happen it seems like all leagues should just roll back to the end of the 2019 season basically.

If you already had your auction (I'm not in any league that has personally, but hypothetically), aren't you arbitrarily rewarding teams that took injury risks on injured players? Since those players would theoretically be healthy in 2021? Personally I'd be voting for proceeding forward as if the 2020 draft did not occur, unless there's a 2020 season.
                              Trust me, I agree with your POV on this one. We have a separate minor league draft prior to the auction, which is what I was addressing in my first concern.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X