Red Velvet cupcakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Velvet cupcakes

RJEL girl is making me red velvet cupcakes for my birthday. They are tasty, but she always complains that they are so messy to make. Red food dye gets everywhere. I told her just make them without the red dye, just make brown velvet cupcakes. She looked at me like I was a complete idiot. This has been a contentious argument all day. Does anyone see an issue with Brown Velvet cupcakes?
    Last edited by heyelander; 03-28-2020, 08:48 PM.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    RJEL girl is making me red velvet cupcakes for my birthday. They are tasty, but she always complains that they are so messy to make. Red food dye gets everywhere. I told her just make them without the red dye, just make brown velvet cupcakes. She looked at me like I was a complete idiot. They has been a contentious argument all day. Does anyone see an issue with Brown Velvet cupcakes?
    Why are u such an asshole ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Why are u such an asshole ?
      I was trying to be helpful!

Comment

I was trying to be helpful!
        Tomato, tomahto
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm with you--food coloring is not an essential ingredient. That is my wife's favorite dessert, though, and she'd argue with me the same way. Some folks eat more with their eyes, and the red makes them cooler and sexier, I guess. But it is all gonna end up in the same place anyway, so if the food coloring is a hassle, I say leave it out .

Comment

this issue is not actually about red food dye......
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              this issue is not actually about red food dye......
              they rarely are.

Comment

Women hate when guys offer solutions to their problems. They are just looking for someone to join their pity party.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

There's a place up here that uses beet juice instead of the dye (you don't need much - it's not enough to make a difference in taste)
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    There's a place up here that uses beet juice instead of the dye (you don't need much - it's not enough to make a difference in taste)
                    The reason I do not eat more buttered beats is that the juice stains everything. Too much hassle for not enough payoff.

Comment

RJEL girl is making me red velvet cupcakes for my birthday. They are tasty, but she always complains that they are so messy to make. Red food dye gets everywhere. I told her just make them without the red dye, just make brown velvet cupcakes. She looked at me like I was a complete idiot. This has been a contentious argument all day. Does anyone see an issue with Brown Velvet cupcakes?
                      I understand both sides. I would have offered the same solution.

I love Chinese food could eat it once a day every day. But I want chop sticks to eat it with. If I knew we were going to a good Chinese place that was out of chop sticks I would suggest going someplace else. It is the only example of this quirk that I can think of.

Comment

Did you offer to join her pity party? I hear that's just what women are looking for.
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                          Did you offer to join her pity party? I hear that's just what women are looking for.
                          What would that look like?

I think if I tried that it would come out as sarcasm and not have a good ending.

Comment

We dyed spaghetti blue and cooked it - it tasted the same but looked too weird to eat much of it
                            but brown cupcakes actually are a thing

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              We dyed spaghetti blue and cooked it - it tasted the same but looked too weird to eat much of it
                              but brown cupcakes actually are a thing
                              hmm... Halloween is going to look a bit different at our house next year.

It falls on a Saturday I have put it on my calendar to make some. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X