Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    What would that look like?

I think if I tried that it would come out as sarcasm and not have a good ending.
    CJ was using sarcasm himself in response to madducks claim above.

Comment

hmm... Halloween is going to look a bit different at our house next year.

It falls on a Saturday I have put it on my calendar to make some. Thanks!
      Speaking of Halloween and pasta, I make drunken noodles that looks just like worms. You cook linguine or spaghetti in hhalf water/half a 3/4 of a bottle of red wine. Then you drain and finish off at a simmer with the remaining red win till it gets absorbed. Really rich red, natural looking color. Good eats, and good for looking like worms.

Comment

I understand both sides. I would have offered the same solution.

I love Chinese food could eat it once a day every day. But I want chop sticks to eat it with. If I knew we were going to a good Chinese place that was out of chop sticks I would suggest going someplace else. It is the only example of this quirk that I can think of.
        I make fun of people who use chopsticks to eat at Asian restaurants. Pretentious!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Black Velvet if you please...…..
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            I make fun of people who use chopsticks to eat at Asian restaurants. Pretentious!
            Excellent! Do you use the accent too?

When I eat Chinese at home by myself, I use chop sticks when no can see, is that pretentious?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              I make fun of myself when I switch from chopsticks to fork mid-meal due to a hand cramp.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                I make fun of myself when I switch from chopsticks to fork mid-meal due to a hand cramp.
                I have just started to chopcramp in the last 6 months. I think it might have something to do with hydration or lack of it. I still do not go to the fork.

Comment

I have just started to chopcramp in the last 6 months. I think it might have something to do with hydration or lack of it. I still do not go to the fork.
                  That's what I'm talkin about - screw the fork and go straight to eating with your hands.
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Excellent! Do you use the accent too?

When I eat Chinese at home by myself, I use chop sticks when no can see, is that pretentious?
                    Now that you've told us it is.
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      That's what I'm talkin about - screw the fork and go straight to eating with your hands.
                      This might be a good excuse for the whole family to go cavemen style dining for one meal. We need to keep thing interestimg, right ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        This might be a good excuse for the whole family to go cavemen style dining for one meal. We need to keep thing interestimg, right ?
                        Keep trying to convince us you don't already eat caveman-style.

Comment

the "Feral" part of his screen name gives him away
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            Keep trying to convince us you don't already eat caveman-style.
                            Sure....but usually the rest of the family gives me strange looks
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Sure....but usually the rest of the family gives me strange looks
                              Clearly i raised them wrong....but i'm the Feral Slasher so tjat shouldn't be a surprise
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Clearly i raised them wrong....but i'm the Feral Slasher so tjat shouldn't be a surprise
                                Clearly Slashers have fat fingers
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X