Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    The new brussel sprouts or the old ones? They are different now
    which reminds me, I found a place up here that sells yellow grapefruit. It's been decades since I've had one, and they're awesome. Pink grapefruits are fine, but the tartness of a yellow grapefruit ... mmmm

(these are imported from Israel of all places ... I can only assume that Florida has moved to all pink cause they keep longer or something ...)
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      which reminds me, I found a place up here that sells yellow grapefruit. It's been decades since I've had one, and they're awesome. Pink grapefruits are fine, but the tartness of a yellow grapefruit ... mmmm

(these are imported from Israel of all places ... I can only assume that Florida has moved to all pink cause they keep longer or something ...)
      I've never had one. I'm not adventurous with fruit choices, typically, and I'm sure there are so many yumy ones most Americans don't have access to. One that blew my mind was a ripe, in season Otaheite apple from Jamaica. https://jamaicans.com/exploring-jama...taheite-apple/

They come from other places too, and I don't know if they always taste as good as the ones I had in Jamaica, but it was probably the best fruit I'd ever eaten. So juicy, crisp, sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        Baked (I can mash them on my plate with a fork if I want some variety)
        I think we need a clarification on rules. Are we allowed to alter the form of the potato? Because you can mash any other form. Also, is "apple" a singular food, or it "Honeycrisp apple"?

a: french fries cooked in peanut oil
        b: roasted brussels sprouts
        c: pineapple
        d: Apple Crumble

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          Oh man, I friggin love asparagus - the smelly pee is a fun bonus. Regretting not going with Brussels sprouts as my veggie though. When done right those things are a damn delight.
          Brussel Sprouts - new or old - are in hand evidence that Satan is real.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Brussel Sprouts - new or old - are in hand evidence that Satan is real.
            I thought that when I was a kid. I assumed my bitter buds just died, but Ken's post led me to see they have genetically edited out the nasty. Have you ever had them all fried up? They are good to me now, at least if you slather enough fat and flavor on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I thought that when I was a kid. I assumed my bitter buds just died, but Ken's post led me to see they have genetically edited out the nasty. Have you ever had them all fried up? They are good to me now, at least if you slather enough fat and flavor on them.
              Yup, I've had the new ones. They're upgraded to the point where I don't projectile vomit them anymore, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Yup, I've had the new ones. They're upgraded to the point where I don't projectile vomit them anymore, but that's about it.
                Do you like cooked cabbage?

To me they are reminiscent of cabbage.

We fry them with onions and bacon and the are delicious.

Comment

1 - French fries, my favorite are Nathan's or crinkle cut
                  2 - Sauteed broccoli
                  3 - Blueberries
                  4 - Chocolate chip cookies

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Do you like cooked cabbage?
                    Detest that, too.

Comment

Working...