single foods forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single foods forever

At dinner we were eating indian curry cauliflower and last week we had it with potatoes and all of us thought - potatoes are way better - so it lead to a couple of questions about single food

A - if you could only have one type of prepared potatoes, what would it be?
    B - only one vegetable?
    C - only one fruit?
    D - only one dessert?

after much debate

A - pretty thin french fries
    B - broccoli
    C - oranges
    D - macadamia nut banana cream pie

anyone else want to play

i don't know why i hate dislike white vegetables. cauliflower should be outlawed. water chestnuts freak me out and have to pick them out. don't like nuts in deserts either. ditto for orange vegetables like squash and turnips. i like green vegetables. i don't think it's as much about taste as it's that you're body will instinctively chose what it needs. although it can be fooled by artificial stuff. it probably has something to do with the differences in everyone's microbial biodome. i bet if you compared peoples similar and different food preferences and their gut microbes you'd find a correspondence.

a: mashed potatoes
    b: broccoli
    c: cantaloupe
    d: ice cream

uh my keyboard keeps printing the number 9 sometimes. i don't know why. it's not a stuck key.

Comment

A - french fries
      B - if we are counting tomatoes as veggies, I'd say them, cuz I eat tons of pasta and other sauces with tomatoes as essential; if you wanna call them a fruit, I'd go with peppers--this is a cheat, because I'm hoping I can have all types; between sweet bells and all the chilies, I'd have lots of flavor options
      C - tomatoes, if I can't count them as a veggie; apples otherwise
      D - tough--I have a sweet tooth. I'm tempted by the more exotic choices that I love but rarely eat (like hummingbird cake--sooo good), but if I have to pick one to eat again and again, I'd probably stick with a chocolate chip cookies.

Comment

Mashed
        Onions
        Tomatoes
        Ice cream
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Mashed
          Onions
          Tomatoes
          Ice cream
          This sounds like the worst Ben and Jerry's flavor ever
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            This sounds like the worst Ben and Jerry's flavor ever
            hmm

Comment

onions are like bacon, you can put them in anything and it will taste better.

Comment

Baked (I can mash them on my plate with a fork if I want some variety)
                Carrots
                Apple (a fresh sweet apple still makes me happy)
                Cherry Pie with vanilla ice cream
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Potato - Waffle Fries
                  Vegetable - Tomatoes
                  Fruit - Apple
                  Dessert - Mocha Ice Cream
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    Baked (I can mash them on my plate with a fork if I want some variety)
                    Carrots
                    Apple (a fresh sweet apple still makes me happy)
                    Cherry Pie with vanilla ice cream
                    Couldn't you do that with French Fries too?

Comment

Mashed
                      Corn
                      Banana
                      Vanilla Frozen Custard

Comment

My daughter is learning to "cook" a few things while she has all this time at home (she is currently making some kind of jello dessert)

Comment

Potatoes - Baked
                          Vegetable - Green Beans
                          Fruit - Apples
                          Dessert - Ice Cream. If I had to narrow it to one kind, Rocky Road.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            uh my keyboard keeps printing the number 9 sometimes. i don't know why. it's not a stuck key.
                            Now I'm completely plwoed at the moment as a reuslt of my neighbor comign back from Japan tonight and giving me a dammed waterlglass of %&^&$*%^( aprciot soju to drink without tellign me that the %&^* is 180 proof, so my frame of mnid mitght be a bit off-- nobody should be thid drunk off of somethinf that tastes like aprico9ts... but waht do odds means whenh you can';t figure out the qusetion. We don';t undrerstand the universe, so putting odds onn things that occur within it is what....? Stupid. Just not a good idea, it isn';t. Dumb and bad too do whath you don't knoww about. Silly, like not smart from sdmart enough people.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Potatoes - curly fries
                              Vegetable - sweet potato
                              Fruit - strawberries
                              Dessert - creme brule

I would end up being 400 pounds if I stuck with this regimen though.

Comment

Working...
                              X