CoronaVirus Cooking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    were they frozen onion rings or did you batter them yourself?
    Mine are homemade. Thanks for the heads up.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

No, it would be a mess in the air-fryer I think.

Mostly I was trying to solve for how Chance is unable to cook frozen onion rings. I thought maybe you all were talking about home made ones.
      I would think that too. I am going to check the book to see what they say. If the book says air fryer will work with batter I will give it a try and report back. Probably won't happen for a couple of weeks.

Your pork sounds delicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Mine are homemade. Thanks for the heads up.
        that makes a lot more sense. good on you
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

that makes a lot more sense. good on you
          Given how badly I've done with homemade, premade is turning into an appealing idea. But I'll give the air fryer a shot before I surrender.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• OK so the Fryer I wanted went on sale so I splurged and made it my Black Friday gift to our kitchen.

Gonna do some recipe research and try it out in a couple of weeks.

Thinking Tempura veggies to start.

Let ya know how it goes.......
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Found new favorite youtube cooking channel.

Trigger warning... Asian dude playing over the top Asian stereotype.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• TEMPURA!

Ok so I was wary of using my deep fryer for the first time, but it turned out to be relatively painless. I will have to remember to open some windows as the oil does seem to hang in the air.

Tempura veggies, went very well--the dipping sauce was excellent (easy to make, but you need Mirin and Dashi stock) Used a premade Batter, but it was recommended by the person at the Japanese market--I'll try my own (as I had planned) next time again--doesn't look hard.

Turned out excellent--though I'll try diff veggies next time AND the visual wasn't like you see in restaurants, needed to be fluffier and browner.

This time was Broccoli, Zucchini, Asparagus and Bell pepper.

Next time, gonna try eggplant, sweet potato, and a few Japanese veggies I forget right now.

I'm also gonna try it with Shrimp, but I'll save that for the 3rd time round--
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• nice - for the tempura batter make sure to use bubbly water (perrier or similar) ... flat water doesn't provide the right consistency.

we've been eating well this holiday season, lots of classics - roast chicken, roast beef, did a platter with lamb chops & harissa shrimp ... and there's a few empty wine bottles in the garage as well ... ok, maybe more than a few ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• My daughter made Crock Pot Lasagna a couple of nights ago. I was skeptical. I am very particular about Lasagna and find I do not care for most restaurant offerings.

It was very good. So good in fact that it passed the cold Lasagna for lunch test.

Comment

• Tried the Bubbly water, it was indeed lighter. More like what I expected.

Tonight--It's a first try at beer battered fish and chips. Wish me luck!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• FWIW, the fish n chips turned out excellent!

I'm loving this fryer.

Next up--Fried Chicken--but not for a couple of weeks--I have to do some recipe research.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Grilled cheese sandwich - mozzarella, turkey, sliced tomatoes, thin sliced red onion, fresh basil on sourdough with a little garlic salt on the toasted bread. I was just trying to use stuff so it didn't mold but I think this was the best lunch I've had in the last 10 months. I think I'll do it again tomorrow.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Grilled cheese sandwich - mozzarella, turkey, sliced tomatoes, thin sliced red onion, fresh basil on sourdough with a little garlic salt on the toasted bread. I was just trying to use stuff so it didn't mold but I think this was the best lunch I've had in the last 10 months. I think I'll do it again tomorrow.
                            Sounds excellent--Yeah, use it before you lose it cooking days can sometime yield wondrous things and sometimes................

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Grilled cheese sandwich - mozzarella, turkey, sliced tomatoes, thin sliced red onion, fresh basil on sourdough with a little garlic salt on the toasted bread. I was just trying to use stuff so it didn't mold but I think this was the best lunch I've had in the last 10 months. I think I'll do it again tomorrow.
                              Sounds delish but that ain't no grilled cheese sandwich!

I think I have to make one of those very soon.

Comment

Found new favorite youtube cooking channel.

Trigger warning... Asian dude playing over the top Asian stereotype.

I saw this when he blew up over someone boiling and draining rice in a collander
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X