CoronaVirus Cooking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I believe we are Humboldt bound, but UC Davis or Stanford are in the mix as well. She IS apply9ing to UT Austin and a few other schools but I'm thinking she wants the Redwoods and fault lines as she's going for her geology masters and love earthquakes and volcanos--so shit--I could end up in Alaska for all I know.

Active volcanoes and active tectonic plates.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      https://www.uaa.alaska.edu/academics...ments/geology/

they had a 7.4 just this week
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

https://www.uaa.alaska.edu/academics...ments/geology/

Yeah I'm prepping for anywhere on the ring of fire........
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Yeah I'm prepping for anywhere on the ring of fire........
          Hotdogs and tinfoil dinners?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Hotdogs and tinfoil dinners?
            More like habaneros and hatch chilis
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Tonight's menu 2 inch thick Porterhouses, baked potato, and onion rings (trying the air fryer on these). Eating these on TV trays while watching the Bears Game.

Go Bears!

Comment

Tonight's menu 2 inch thick Porterhouses, baked potato, and onion rings (trying the air fryer on these). Eating these on TV trays while watching the Bears Game.

Go Bears!
                My mom is now a bears fan. She's one of those Eagles fans that dislikes Wentz and wished they had held onto Foles, so she's riding with the Bears this season.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  My mom is now a bears fan. She's one of those Eagles fans that dislikes Wentz and wished they had held onto Foles, so she's riding with the Bears this season.
                  We will put an extra steak on for your Mom!

Comment

We will put an extra steak on for your Mom!
                    I could be a Bears fan for one day for a 2" Porterhouse.

Comment

I could be a Bears fan for one day for a 2" Porterhouse.
                      The Rams looked like what the Bears are trying to be. The dinner took some of the sadness away as it was excellent. The air fried onion rings were actually pretty good.

Comment

The Rams looked like what the Bears are trying to be. The dinner took some of the sadness away as it was excellent. The air fried onion rings were actually pretty good.
                        Sounds great - I almost never get onion rings right, so I'd really like to try them with an air fryer.

Comment

were they frozen onion rings or did you batter them yourself?

Comment

were they frozen onion rings or did you batter them yourself?
                            They were frozen and went right from freezer to air fryer.

I bought these with the air fryer in mind. I hadn't considered battering them myself, not sure that would work.

I just this moment asked Mrs. Gregg her thoughts. She thinks it would work and believes she saw a recipe for them in one of he books. She will look later.

Comment

They were frozen and went right from freezer to air fryer.

I bought these with the air fryer in mind. I hadn't considered battering them myself, not sure that would work.

I just this moment asked Mrs. Gregg her thoughts. She thinks it would work and believes she saw a recipe for them in one of he books. She will look later.
                              No, it would be a mess in the air-fryer I think.

Mostly I was trying to solve for how Chance is unable to cook frozen onion rings. I thought maybe you all were talking about home made ones.

Just did instant pot pulled pork. Did a brown-sugar+ rub on a pork shoulder, threw it in the instant pot with a bottle of hard cider and cooked it for 1:20. Came out tasty! I was thinking it would work really well as carnitas next time... out of the instant pot and into the airfryer!

Comment

No, it would be a mess in the air-fryer I think.

Mostly I was trying to solve for how Chance is unable to cook frozen onion rings. I thought maybe you all were talking about home made ones.

Just did instant pot pulled pork. Did a brown-sugar+ rub on a pork shoulder, threw it in the instant pot with a bottle of hard cider and cooked it for 1:20. Came out tasty! I was thinking it would work really well as carnitas next time... out of the instant pot and into the airfryer!
                                I was just thinking about making carnitas or even barbacoa next time.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X