CoronaVirus Cooking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoronaVirus Cooking.

Now that most uf us are homebound, I can only imagine that like us, everyone is cooking more these days.

I'm in the process of attempting to make some pulled pork for the first time, first time baked beans and first time cole slaw. My wife is baking for the first time, all sorts of things. Making home made Hummus and such. It's kind of fun actually as we normally stick to tried and true recipes having little or no time to do any experimenting.

Is anyone else taking the plunge into uncharted culinary territories?

If so, what are you trying and how is it working?

Plus any suggestions for In the House/Instapot (I got no Grill) pulled pork and the fixing is always appreciated.

Thanks!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Now that most uf us are homebound, I can only imagine that like us, everyone is cooking more these days.

I'm in the process of attempting to make some pulled pork for the first time, first time baked beans and first time cole slaw. My wife is baking for the first time, all sorts of things. Making home made Hummus and such. It's kind of fun actually as we normally stick to tried and true recipes having little or no time to do any experimenting.

Is anyone else taking the plunge into uncharted culinary territories?

If so, what are you trying and how is it working?

Plus any suggestions for In the House/Instapot (I got no Grill) pulled pork and the fixing is always appreciated.

Thanks!
    Yeah i have made a few new things. Asparagus prawns with oyster sauce, pasta with Fra Diavlo sauce, a few other things. Guam style bbq chicken. Need to figure some new stuff
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

lots more cooking but mostly familiar stuff so far. will have to start to branch out tho

(we did ribs with homemade baked beans & slaw as well on Sunday - turned out mighty fine! pro tip for the beans - splash of bourbon at the end)
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Did shrimp creole last night. Will be doing oyster beef this weekend, which will be very interesting. The recipe is my father-in-law's, which he was given by a Japanese restaurant owner while serving in Japan. The catch? We have the list of ingredients, but he never writes down quantities.

TranaGreg - Great advice. Does the cook get a splash or two, also?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Did shrimp creole last night. Will be doing oyster beef this weekend, which will be very interesting. The recipe is my father-in-law's, which he was given by a Japanese restaurant owner while serving in Japan. The catch? We have the list of ingredients, but he never writes down quantities.

TranaGreg - Great advice. Does the cook get a splash or two, also?
          [looking at pot] ... one for you, two for me ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Corona Virus Cooking? Is that like a Meth Lab?
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              lots more cooking but mostly familiar stuff so far. will have to start to branch out tho

(we did ribs with homemade baked beans & slaw as well on Sunday - turned out mighty fine! pro tip for the beans - splash of bourbon at the end)
              Pam made the beans, I made the slaw and today--the Pulled Pork is getting made. It's quite a challenge in a small kitchen with a small stove--most things are being done in the instapot. BTW No burbon in the house only Beers and Tequila
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                Corona Virus Cooking? Is that like a Meth Lab?
                Gotta supplement that Non Income somehow...……...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

splash of bourbon at the end)
                  always good advice.
                  “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Cooking it sounds like a good idea. Does it simmer down to just Corona?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Cooking it sounds like a good idea. Does it simmer down to just Corona?
                      Only if you add lime and salt......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Only if you add lime and salt......
                        a restaurant in Vancouver got chastised for putting up a sandwich board outside last week that said "what goes with Corona virus? Lyme disease!!!"

too soon I guess

Comment

a restaurant in Vancouver got chastised for putting up a sandwich board outside last week that said "what goes with Corona virus? Lyme disease!!!"

too soon I guess
                          We're ahead of the curve here.

BTW, Lesson #1 in Instapot Usage--make sure the pot is actually IN the thing before using it...…..

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

BTW, Lesson #1 in Instapot Usage--make sure the pot is actually IN the thing before using it...…..
                            That sounds like a bad outcome.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

--make sure the pot is actually IN the thing before using it...…..
                              You can use it for other things besides pot you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X