CoronaVirus Cooking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I saw this when he blew up over someone boiling and draining rice in a collander
    he's a comedian doing a character, and I think both he and the person who was doing the cooking in that one were shocked that it blew up. She got a lot of blowback from it and they've since collaborated a few times to try to smooth things over. Here's him meeting her at her house.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Grilled cheese sandwich - mozzarella, turkey, sliced tomatoes, thin sliced red onion, fresh basil on sourdough with a little garlic salt on the toasted bread. I was just trying to use stuff so it didn't mold but I think this was the best lunch I've had in the last 10 months. I think I'll do it again tomorrow.
      Got some more fresh basil. Made an open faced mozzarella grilled cheese and topped it with my bruschetta topping (diced tomatoes, crushed garlic, finely chopped shallots, chopped fresh basil, olive oil, shredded parmesan, a touch of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper). Saved enough basil for another sandwich.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Mrs. Gregg made Carnitas in the slow cooker for dinner last night. She finished them off with a slight sear in a frying pan before putting them on our tortillas. So good.

Comment

• Shrimp Ceviche tonight. I really like this recipe -- https://www.spendwithpennies.com/eas...eviche-recipe/
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Shrimp Ceviche tonight. I really like this recipe -- https://www.spendwithpennies.com/eas...eviche-recipe/
            Very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Very nice.
              There is a Mexican place not far from my house that makes an amazing shrimp/octopus ceviche. I need to find a good octopus supplier.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

There is a Mexican place not far from my house that makes an amazing shrimp/octopus ceviche. I need to find a good octopus supplier.
                Move south.........

PS Using the pork shoulder bone from my Chili Verde in a 10 bean soup. Insta-potting it as I type, smells great right now. Hope it tastes good, winged the ingredients this time round.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Move south.........

PS Using the pork shoulder bone from my Chili Verde in a 10 bean soup. Insta-potting it as I type, smells great right now. Hope it tastes good, winged the ingredients this time round.
                  Ha - don't need to move south to find Octopus.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Ha - don't need to move south to find Octopus.
                    True, you're right on the sound or pretty close. Best Pulpo I've had is in MX.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Move south.........

Just did a 7-bean soup with turkey stock that was cooked down and frozen from Thanksgiving and leftover ham off the bone. With Daou Cab Sauv from the Paso Robles area. The soup was very good...the wine was awesome.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Just did a 7-bean soup with turkey stock that was cooked down and frozen from Thanksgiving and leftover ham off the bone. With Daou Cab Sauv from the Paso Robles area. The soup was very good...the wine was awesome.
                        Sounds great, my 10 bean didn't turn out soo well. It was OK, but not what I'd hopped for thought the pork shoulder bone seemed to cook down great. I used to drive through Paso Robles all the time back when I was in the Air Force, my first wife and I would stay there and visit the vineyards. From what I recall, the wo9ine was great (not a wine guy)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Updates:

My 2nd attempt with Beer Battered Fish n Chips was excellent, like the tempura, the batter was better second time though and the deep fryer is getting easier to maneuver.

I've hit gold with my Salsa Verde, though it's not a dipping salsa, it's great in cooking. Simple enough--Tomatillos, Jalapeno, Cilantro, White onion and salt. Roast the Tomatillos and Jalapenos before blending.

I used this with Chicken, Poblano and Anaheim Chilis More onion, cilantro and Jalapeno for my Chili Verde and it was best I've made.

I also discovered a new hot sauce--Louisiana Crystal, very good. I'm sure someone already has used it.

Anyway, it's leftover day--trying to figure out how to use the extra Chips, Chili Verde and AguaChiles at some point today.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Sounds great, my 10 bean didn't turn out soo well.
                            Did you think about taking out 3 beans ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Did you think about taking out 3 beans ?
                              That's what my wife suggested :P

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Move south.........

I hope it turns out great, but I think you have about 3 beans to many.

Comment

Working...
                                X