CoronaVirus Cooking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    hey, it's basically a big steel disc, gently concave ... you can use it for whatever you can think of!!! and put it right on top of a pile of white hot coals, it gets really smokin!

but yes, when I got it the first I did was chorizo, peppers, onions, and whatever else was in the fridge that day.

I got mine from a place in New Mexico, was totally worth the shipping costs.
    shoot me the link when you get time Thanks!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• for anyone interested ... I got the 24" Pecos ...

https://www.southwestdisk.com/
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

for anyone interested ... I got the 24" Pecos ...

Thank you sir.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Our Nuwave Bravo XL showed up this Friday and we used it last night.

I purchased a 3 lb two rib Prime Rib for the test run. We used the probe, to measure the inside temperature. The intent was to cook it to 134 degrees (high end of medium rare). It did a great job and was delicious. The only issue was that it did not turn off when it hit 134 and went up to 142. This made it medium. We are not sure if we did something wrong or if the oven did not turn off.

The meat was tender and juicy with a hot pink center. Next time for Prime we will take it out immediately at 130 to let is rest.

It still was very good. Sea Salt and cracked pepper for the outside. Served with Golden Baked and an ear of sweet corn.

Tonight baked Cod, Brussels Sprouts with bacon and onion, side of pasta.

Comment

for anyone interested ... I got the 24" Pecos ...

Gonna grab me one of these someday.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              When should i show up ?
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Our Nuwave Bravo XL showed up this Friday and we used it last night.

I purchased a 3 lb two rib Prime Rib for the test run. We used the probe, to measure the inside temperature. The intent was to cook it to 134 degrees (high end of medium rare). It did a great job and was delicious. The only issue was that it did not turn off when it hit 134 and went up to 142. This made it medium. We are not sure if we did something wrong or if the oven did not turn off.

The meat was tender and juicy with a hot pink center. Next time for Prime we will take it out immediately at 130 to let is rest.

It still was very good. Sea Salt and cracked pepper for the outside. Served with Golden Baked and an ear of sweet corn.

My exposure to Brussels sprouts was never good until a year or so ago my friend had them grilled with bacon. Quite a bit different than boiled
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  My exposure to Brussels sprouts was never good until a year or so ago my friend had them grilled with bacon. Quite a bit different than boiled
                  Well that, and the brussel sprouts are quite a bit different now.

Comment

• https://www.myrecipes.com/ingredient...d%20scientists.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      When should i show up ?
                      6:30 Central

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Well that, and the brussel sprouts are quite a bit different now.
                        did not know that! TY Sir.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So when it's hot we do our best to avoid using the oven.

Lots of salads, sandwiches and then tonight we went with the spicy garlic edamame and Salmon Sashimi with rice. Both the rice and edamame are quick stovetop items s it doesn't heat the house. very tasty.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Nuwave Bravo XL was put into action last night. We tried (for the first time) the Air Fryer app. to make french fries. They turned out fabulous! I could not have asked for a better result.

We paired that up with a couple of small Filtet Mignons that I got on sale. Added Sea Salt and cracked pepper. Used the sear and bake. Perfect medium rare. Very tender.

We actually made the steak first and then the fries while the steaks were resting.

We are both impressed with Nuwave so far.

Comment

Nuwave Bravo XL was put into action last night. We tried (for the first time) the Air Fryer app. to make french fries. They turned out fabulous! I could not have asked for a better result.

We paired that up with a couple of small Filtet Mignons that I got on sale. Added Sea Salt and cracked pepper. Used the sear and bake. Perfect medium rare. Very tender.

We actually made the steak first and then the fries while the steaks were resting.

We are both impressed with Nuwave so far.
                              We're debating an air fryer vs a traditional deep fryer. One's the health choice and easier to clean, the deep fryer seems to have an edge on tasty--what says the sportsbar?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I do a soup kitchen once a month with my Mom's church. It use to be a eat-in sit-down setup, but now we are just making brown bags for people. We use to do an entrée, some cole-slaw, and applesauce on a plate, and there were desserts donated by supermarkets or bakeries that people could take. The entrees we usually did were beanie-weenies (chili with cut up hot dogs) on tortilla chips in the summer and Au gratin potatoes with ham in the winter. Same shit every month, seemed kind of tedious, but we were the only group making either one, so people only got them once and month and seemed to like them.

Now the café area has shut down and we are just making brown bags that contain an entrée, fruit, snack bar and bottled water. We are only responsible for the entrée. We make something and put it in a medium "Chinese take-out box" (square box with 4 fold-down flaps like you'd get rice in). The first month we tried making the chili but it was a mess in those boxes. The next month we switched to the potatoes which worked okay, but it requires the oven and it was over 100 degrees. We switched to penne with alfredo sauce, ham and peas. Store bought alfredo is meh, but it seemed to go over well. Easy meal to make if you need to cook for 60.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X