Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Sounds excellent--one day!

BTW, when you guys cook--do you clean as you go or all at once afterward?
    Afterward. Timing is often a challenge for me, so cleaning up during is not even a thought until now.

Comment

• afterward for me, tho my better half prefers to clean as she goes ... doesn't always make for a smooth kitchen experience ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Chicken/egg noodle soup with a red onion roux backbone and a liberal dosing of carrots and celery. And fresh bread. And Hess Select Cab Sauv.

Final Clone Wars show.

Life is good tonight.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The Tikki Masala is almost done....I'll let you know the verdict!
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Tikki Masala is almost done....I'll let you know the verdict!
            Wife loved it. She's a fan of Curry and it had a very curry aftertaste. I enjoyed it, but fragrant foods are a taste I am still acquiring.

NOW, I have to look for a Red Thai Curry recipe for my wife.....should be fun!
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So tonight I went with a variation on my Pulled Pork recipe. Using the pork tenderloin roast, I used my Pulled Pork Rub, but added cinnamon. I also used the trivet to keep the roast out of the fluids (of which I'd used a chicken broth and some Balsamic), once done, remove the roast to cool and add honey, some corn starch and some ketchup to the fluids and let simmer until it thickens onto a glaze. Add roasted potatoes and Asparagus, and it turned out surprisingly good. Sweeter than I'm used to as I trend toward salty/garlicy/spicy. All in all this, Corona Virus has given me a lot of time to expand my menu and my palate!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So tonight I went with a variation on my Pulled Pork recipe. Using the pork tenderloin roast, I used my Pulled Pork Rub, but added cinnamon. I also used the trivet to keep the roast out of the fluids (of which I'd used a chicken broth and some Balsamic), once done, remove the roast to cool and add honey, some corn starch and some ketchup to the fluids and let simmer until it thickens onto a glaze. Add roasted potatoes and Asparagus, and it turned out surprisingly good. Sweeter than I'm used to as I trend toward salty/garlicy/spicy. All in all this, Corona Virus has given me a lot of time to expand my menu and my palate!
                That sounds really, really good.....

Comment

• Anyone try this rib rub? I have made plenty of rubs and smoked and BBQd many a rack but never have I done ribs so tasty as when I tried this stuff. A friend gave me a bottle for Xmas and I have already ordered 2 more. Doesn't taste too good by itself but don't let that deter you. I have done ribs and pork tenderloin and it is Damn good. Highest recommendation!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                    https://cdn3.volusion.com/qmpxj.rqnc...che=1582801066

Anyone try this rib rub? I have made plenty of rubs and smoked and BBQd many a rack but never have I done ribs so tasty as when I tried this stuff. A friend gave me a bottle for Xmas and I have already ordered 2 more. Doesn't taste too good by itself but don't let that deter you. I have done ribs and pork tenderloin and it is Damn good. Highest recommendation!!!!!
                    My brother uses that with some chili powder. It is really good!

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                      https://cdn3.volusion.com/qmpxj.rqnc...che=1582801066

Anyone try this rib rub? I have made plenty of rubs and smoked and BBQd many a rack but never have I done ribs so tasty as when I tried this stuff. A friend gave me a bottle for Xmas and I have already ordered 2 more. Doesn't taste too good by itself but don't let that deter you. I have done ribs and pork tenderloin and it is Damn good. Highest recommendation!!!!!
                      I'll be sure to try it out. I use my own rub right now, but I'm up for learning new things

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• After looking at the ingredients for the rub, mine is not all that different. I might try the Cajun hot as well

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Does anyone make Pho at home? If so, how do you go about it--it seems pretty complicated to do from scratch. But I'm thinking that if it's cost effective and delicious, I might give it a go.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I've been taking it a bit easy lately as the Wife is on the eve of finals week and can't always join me for dinner. Mostly leftovers and easy fixers. Last night was Stuffed Jalapenos and grilled Pasilla chilles.

I stuff the jalapenos with a Cream Cheese/Shredded Cheese Garlic/salt/pepper/red flake pepper mix and top em with chopped bacon--pretty tasty and easy to make.

The Pasillas (the ones you use for Chilies Relleno) I grill (blacken) remove the skin and then fill with a grilled corn/onion/mushroom/shredded cheese mix with garlic/salt/pepper/ground Pasilla seasoning --the ground pasilla is very dark and smoky, a reddish brown in color--you can usually find it at any Hispanic market in those small cellophane bags. It's harder to find at regular markets, but it's worth looking for if you enjoy a lighter than chipotle smokiness.

Tonight I'll make the Aguachiles, thaw the chicken and pastor for Friday Night Tacos Fest. And in the meantime--finish off those Pasillas and Jalapenos

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I love PF Chang's Chicken Pad Thai. Last time it was $15.00 for take out. Got two meals out of it.

I was grocery shopping at Jewel Foods last week. I found this http://www.pfchangshomemenu.com/site...thai-49968.png in the freezer section. $7.99 per bag. I bought two.

Tonight is the night for a trial run. If it is 80% as good as the original we will have a winner.

I will report back tomorrow.

Comment

Does anyone make Pho at home? If so, how do you go about it--it seems pretty complicated to do from scratch. But I'm thinking that if it's cost effective and delicious, I might give it a go.
                                LOL. That was one of my biggest train wreck attempts ever. I threw it out in our back yard, and probably could have been arrested for dumping toxic waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X