Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I hunt the rich folks curbside deliveries
    Keep the deliveries. Throw the rich folks out of your SUV.

Seriously - thanks for the ceviche recipe. A firm fish and scallops sounds like a winning combo, and I think I can land those.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      had me a 14-ounce ribeye with baked potato and carrots today.

ok, it was contactless pickup at Outback Steakhouse (you can do all payment online and then just pop the trunk and they put it in there)
      #gdaymate
      Both my daughters work at Outback. One is the Take out server and is crushing shifts, the other--a regular server and is collecting UI.

Enjoy your Steak and Tip Well!!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Keep the deliveries. Throw the rich folks out of your SUV.
        I cant, then the deliveries would stop!!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I cant, then the deliveries would stop!!
          Damn, I hate it when you're right, but you're right.

Comment

Both my daughters work at Outback. One is the Take out server and is crushing shifts, the other--a regular server and is collecting UI.

Enjoy your Steak and Tip Well!!
            yep, 25-30 pct tips each time. a bit more, if the mood strikes
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I shop like a mad man. The fresh proteins I get at the local Hispanic Market. So say-Chicken Breast with bone in goes for 90 cents a pound on sale, etc. Shrimp, peeled, deveined no tail--can be as low as 2 bucks a Lb. so 2lbs is 4 bucks, Limes can go for 3 Lbs for a buck, fresh Cilantro, 25 cents a bunch and Chilies, peppers ect are very cheap like 10 cents-25 cents for 2 Jalapenos. The Sea Bass is normally around 18-20 a Lb, but I can get it for less than half that.
              Those prices are so, so much lower than where I shop, and I don't think anything around here is close to that cheap. And here I thought Cali was super pricey!

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Those prices are so, so much lower than where I shop, and I don't think anything around here is close to that cheap. And here I thought Cali was super pricey!
                It can be, but if you know WHERE to shop. We're right by the ocean, right by Mexico and a 2 hour drive from the agricultural centers of both Cali and Mx. I've found that the Hispanic Markets are the absolute BEST value for fresh produce, tortillas and Meat/Fis/Poultry.

The local place sells Rib Eye, Bone in for 7 bucks a Lb. 2 Large in a pack for 15-16 bucks. Not bad for that quality of cut. I got a 2 pack once, it was freaking great--Grilled it up with Jalapenos, Pasillas and mx Ceballos. Pepper, Garlic and a butter sauté at the end. All for under $20. When I was living in Vegas, those places were a mainstay. Find one if you can, but it has to be a Big Market, not one of the small carnecieras (butcher shops) those smaller places are too pricey.

If you ever get out this way, I'll take you down south for some Excellent food or if you're adventurous--Cook it up ourselves and have you over. We don't bite, just ask anyone who's met us--even Ken.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Taking it easy today/tonight.

For Lunch (cuz I slept till noon) a Greek salad with the Wife's homemade dressing and tonight I'm baking up some Chipotle BBQ dry rub wings. Simple, tasty and in need after 3 days of seafood.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I use Chilean Sea Bass (because I like the firmness of the fish), Shrimp and if I can find them baby scallops. I add the lime juice and let sit for a few hours, then add our homemade Pico and leave the Guac on the side. It's pretty tasty. It looks like we'll finish that off today (yesterday was the Poke and Aguachiles) and them make the Jambalaya this weekend. I have to say, this Stay at home thing is cultivating my culinary interests. If anyone else has the time (:P) you should check out https://rouxbe.com/membership/ it's an online culinary school which offers a variety of classes etc for about 1o bucks a month.

Anyhow keep the recipes coming!

BTW is that your Ceviche Gregg? Looks excellent!
                    It is not my recipe. I grabbed a picture of what most looks like the kind of Ceviche that I like.

I never thought about making my own until you posted this.

I would make mine with shrimp, Chilean Sea Bass, and baby scallops if I took a shot at it. We have stayed away from produce for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      It is not my recipe. I grabbed a picture of what most looks like the kind of Ceviche that I like.

I never thought about making my own until you posted this.

I would make mine with shrimp, Chilean Sea Bass, and baby scallops if I took a shot at it. We have stayed away from produce for now.
                      Well it's not an exact recipe, but here goes.

Any or all of the following Fish, Shrimp, Scallops.

Fish can be any whitish fish variety, quite a few are mushy after the process, but I prefer firm white meat, which I find Chilean Sea Bass (or just seas bass) to be my fav.

Shrimp any kind, I used to used those tiny, precooked salad shrimp, but just tried regular Med sixed raw shrimp for this batch, not sure I like them as much as the salad shrimp, I may go back next time.

Scallops, I used baby scallops when I can find them on a good price. I don't like to cut Fish or seafood if I can avoid it thus the Tiny shrimp and baby scallops. Plus they fit on a chip easier.

Mix together and saturate/cover with fresh squeezed lime juice (you can use the bottled, but it doesn't taste as fresh)

Add Pico de Gallo after a few hours in the fridge (we make our own--Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Jalapeno, Cilantro, lime juice salt and pepper to taste.) Mix well and let marinate overnight.

Add Avacado and Chips and eat away!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Man, the seafood buffet I made lasted till yesterday, WAY too much for just 2 people. So tonight I'm trying Chancellor's Jambalaya recipe. Hope you're all eating well!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Crock Pot Turkey Breast. My wife found a new recipe that we never tried. Smells good. Will have mixed veggies and baked potatoes as our sides.

Comment

Man, the seafood buffet I made lasted till yesterday, WAY too much for just 2 people. So tonight I'm trying Chancellor's Jambalaya recipe. Hope you're all eating well!
                            Jambalaya, round 2 tonight since the family liked round 1 so much. We'll be splitting it up - one half with pretty much the same recipe, and the second half with more seafood, no ham, and about half the chicken or so.

If I can get some decent shrimp and mussels, then I think Paella will be on the menu next week. Plus, my workplace got us a deal on a 15-bottle package of wine for about $80, delivered to door. Will be doing some South African red today and tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Jambalaya, round 2 tonight since the family liked round 1 so much. We'll be splitting it up - one half with pretty much the same recipe, and the second half with more seafood, no ham, and about half the chicken or so.

If I can get some decent shrimp and mussels, then I think Paella will be on the menu next week. Plus, my workplace got us a deal on a 15-bottle package of wine for about $80, delivered to door. Will be doing some South African red today and tomorrow.
                              I prepped everything last night, because I missed the part where you let the chicken sit overnight. I'll be starting it around noonish our time. Wish me luck!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I prepped everything last night, because I missed the part where you let the chicken sit overnight. I'll be starting it around noonish our time. Wish me luck!
                                Good luck! I'll bet it still turns out great!

We're making ours right now - I am into this new SA red we have. 2-3 more glasses and I'll be on my way to a Kohm-level soju post.

Comment

Working...
                                X