X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Or a mediocre name for a good band.
    or a name good for a band mediocre
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Tonight is going to be Street Tacos, Pam's making the Guac and Pico, also sautéing the onions and peppers. I'll make the chicken, braised, pulled and seasoned with my own blend (spicy) served with small corn tortillas, Chopped onion and cilantro and lime. Some Elote and refried beans as well. Topping that off with Tecate with Lime and salt should do the trick!

Hope you all are well!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We had Polish Mushroom Soup and Rye Bread toast. Very tasty. It was dropped off for us Monday morning from the Polish Deli.

We can't do massive cooking as my In-Laws oven is not working, We have gas burners, micro wave, standard slow cooker and toaster oven to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          We had Polish Mushroom Soup and Rye Bread toast. Very tasty. It was dropped off for us Monday morning from the Polish Deli.

We can't do massive cooking as my In-Laws oven is not working, We have gas burners, micro wave, standard slow cooker and toaster oven to work with.
          The wife wants to make some rye bread--I'll let you know how it goes should we survive it
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Cajun Jambalaya was great - here’s the recipe https://www.realcajunrecipes.com/rec...jambalaya/amp/
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Cajun Jambalaya was great - here’s the recipe https://www.realcajunrecipes.com/rec...jambalaya/amp/
              I've tried to like Jambalaya, but always find it too dry for my tastes. This recipe looks like it would feed quite a few people, how does Jambalaya Keep after making it? Was yours moist or dry? I'd like to try it as I'm a big Cajun fan (love me an old fashioned Crawfish boil) And getting ingredients shouldn't be too hard. What kind of beer do you use for the deglaze? How does the beer affect the taste? Thanks for the recipe, I'm hoping to try it sometime in the next week or so.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                I've tried to like Jambalaya, but always find it too dry for my tastes. This recipe looks like it would feed quite a few people, how does Jambalaya Keep after making it? Was yours moist or dry? I'd like to try it as I'm a big Cajun fan (love me an old fashioned Crawfish boil) And getting ingredients shouldn't be too hard. What kind of beer do you use for the deglaze? How does the beer affect the taste? Thanks for the recipe, I'm hoping to try it sometime in the next week or so.
                A lot of people use chicken breasts for the chicken, which is a big error. As you noted, they dry out really easily. This recipe uses chicken thighs, which I strongly recommend. The ham in this recipe is different than what I've normally had; I'm used to shrimp instead of ham. The key to keeping it moist overall is not to skimp on the chicken stock or the entire beer. We also use one cup of Yellow/Saffron rice along with two cups of long grain rice.

I use dark beer if I have it in the house anytime it's called for in a recipe like this. If not, go with a sweeter lager; heck, it's probably the only good use for PBR. I'm a huge fan of Pale Ales and IPAs, but they're not good cooking beers, IMO - they can pass on a bitterish flavor.

Comment

Do you find you are eating more, less, or about the same with the quarantine?

I am working from the kitchen table. I think I am doing more grazing during the day, but eating less at meal time.

We do not have a scale here so I do not know if I have gained or lost weight. My clothes seem to be fitting the same, so I would guess I am maintaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Do you find you are eating more, less, or about the same with the quarantine?

I am working from the kitchen table. I think I am doing more grazing during the day, but eating less at meal time.

We do not have a scale here so I do not know if I have gained or lost weight. My clothes seem to be fitting the same, so I would guess I am maintaining.
                    I'm gaining for sure. Not good.

Comment

Scale says I'm losing a little, which surprised me since I thought I was eating more. OTOH, I know exactly what I'm eating since I'm cooking most of it so I'm likely avoiding a lot of the fat/calorie traps from eating out. And no travel for work, which really piles on the calories.

Made a variant of Chicken Cordon Bleu last night; replaced the cheese with a Dill Jack, Creole rice, and green beans. And A to Z Pinot Noir. Yummy.

Comment

I thought I'd blow up like a tick.

but so far I find I don't eat anything at all for long stretches of the day. tending to have a big meal here or there, but not too much else.

seem to be breaking even overall. I'll take it.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I find I'm snacking more late in the afternoon ... easy access I guess, something to keep an eye on
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            So I got all the ingredients, went with Shrimp instead of Ham. Saffron rice mixed with the other rice. A good stout as the beer. We're going to do this in conjunction with a Crawfish Boil, got more shrimp, crawfish, corn, potatoes and we're just gonna stuff ourselves silly.

Hope we don't explode.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              So I got all the ingredients, went with Shrimp instead of Ham. Saffron rice mixed with the other rice. A good stout as the beer. We're going to do this in conjunction with a Crawfish Boil, got more shrimp, crawfish, corn, potatoes and we're just gonna stuff ourselves silly.

Hope we don't explode.
                              we'll just start calling you Mr. Creosote.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                we'll just start calling you Mr. Creosote.
                                LOL I also got everything I'll need for seafood week. Sashimi Ahi steak for Seared Ahi and a small Poke Salad. Chilean Bass for my Ceviche and Shrimp for the Aguachiles. By Saturday, all I will want is a burger lol

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X