CoronaVirus Cooking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    You can use it for other things besides pot you know.
    I haven't tried that yet..how does it work?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      That sounds like a bad outcome.
      Actually was very fortunate in that I was just brazing so just a little oil went in before I realized what I was doing.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Surprisingly it turned out very well, Baked Beans are excellent, the slaw, well it's good--but needs some tweaking. (insert Meth joke here)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Cajun Jambalaya tomorrow.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Pancakes, sausage, and eggs for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Pancakes, sausage, and eggs for lunch.
              Stil in your pajamas?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Stil in your pajamas?
                I worked the first 4 hours in my shorts and T shirt. I had to put jeans on to bring the garbage cans up. I did not go back to my new work attire for brunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I worked the first 4 hours in my shorts and T shirt. I had to put jeans on to bring the garbage cans up. I did not go back to my new work attire for brunch.
                  My wife went to the gift shop on one of the first days we were here and hearing our stay may be a while and she bought me about 10 t-shirts. So I have 10 shirts that all say Padre Island. Joy!

Comment

I'm either instant potting stuff for the week, or using the precision cooker to make chicken or pork for the week.

Today will be instant pot chicken tikka masala.

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — cut into bite-size pieces
                    1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt — divided
                    1 tablespoon unsalted butter — or coconut oil, ghee, or extra-virgin olive oil...I do think the butter is worth it here!
                    1 small yellow onion — finely chopped
                    3 large cloves garlic — minced (about 1 tablespoon)
                    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
                    1 tablespoon garam masala*
                    1 teaspoon ground chili powder
                    1 teaspoon ground cumin
                    1 teaspoon ground turmeric
                    1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne — use more if you like the dish spicy
                    1 can no salt added tomato sauce — (8 ounces)
                    1 can light coconut milk — (14 ounces)
                    3/4 cup frozen peas
                    1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
                    Prepared brown rice — or naan, for serving
                    Fresh cilantro — for serving

Instructions
                    Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and set aside.

Add the butter to an Instant Pot and set to SAUTE. Once melted, add the onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, chili powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft and the spices are very fragrant, about 5 minutes.

Add the chicken pieces, stir to coat with the spices and onion, and cook, stirring often, just until the outsides start to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes. Vent to immediately release the pressure.

Uncover and stir in the coconut milk. Turn the Instant Pot back to SAUTE. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and let it continue to simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 to 15 minutes.

Turn the Instant Pot off, and then stir in the peas. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes, and then stir in the Greek yogurt (do not stir in the Greek yogurt right away or it may curdle). Enjoy warm with rice or naan and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I'm either instant potting stuff for the week, or using the precision cooker to make chicken or pork for the week.

Today will be instant pot chicken tikka masala.

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — cut into bite-size pieces
                      1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt — divided
                      1 tablespoon unsalted butter — or coconut oil, ghee, or extra-virgin olive oil...I do think the butter is worth it here!
                      1 small yellow onion — finely chopped
                      3 large cloves garlic — minced (about 1 tablespoon)
                      1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
                      1 tablespoon garam masala*
                      1 teaspoon ground chili powder
                      1 teaspoon ground cumin
                      1 teaspoon ground turmeric
                      1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne — use more if you like the dish spicy
                      1 can no salt added tomato sauce — (8 ounces)
                      1 can light coconut milk — (14 ounces)
                      3/4 cup frozen peas
                      1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
                      Prepared brown rice — or naan, for serving
                      Fresh cilantro — for serving

Instructions
                      Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and set aside.

Add the butter to an Instant Pot and set to SAUTE. Once melted, add the onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, chili powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft and the spices are very fragrant, about 5 minutes.

Add the chicken pieces, stir to coat with the spices and onion, and cook, stirring often, just until the outsides start to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes. Vent to immediately release the pressure.

Uncover and stir in the coconut milk. Turn the Instant Pot back to SAUTE. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and let it continue to simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 to 15 minutes.

Turn the Instant Pot off, and then stir in the peas. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes, and then stir in the Greek yogurt (do not stir in the Greek yogurt right away or it may curdle). Enjoy warm with rice or naan and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
                      Sounds excellent--I'll mention it to Pam and see if she's up for trying that!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Sounds excellent--I'll mention it to Pam and see if she's up for trying that!
                        I really liked it the first time I made it. I messed it up the second time (put liquid in too early) and it was flavorless. I'll let you know how this turns out.

I made it once with tofu (SO is a pescatarian) and it was really meh. Again, I think the liquid was off.

Comment

I really liked it the first time I made it. I messed it up the second time (put liquid in too early) and it was flavorless. I'll let you know how this turns out.

I made it once with tofu (SO is a pescatarian) and it was really meh. Again, I think the liquid was off.
                          I find that Instapot recipes are a bit weird with their liquid measurements and also, seems like it uses a lot more sugar than anything really calls for.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I put the liquids in before I cooked the last time and the chicken didn't season well. Came out bland.

Tastes good this time. I think I would cut the chicken up smaller and the onions bigger. Maybe add a bit more tomato sauce.

It's better as leftovers too. The sauce thickens a bit once it's chilled and improves

Comment

really meh
                              would be a good name for a mediocre band.
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                                would be a good name for a mediocre band.
                                Or a mediocre name for a good band.

Comment

Working...
                                X