CoronaVirus Cooking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I hope it turns out great, but I think you have about 3 beans to many.
    That seems to be the consensus......
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The Salsa Verde sounds great.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        The Salsa Verde sounds great.
        One full blender makes about 2 Qts and yeah, it's pretty tasty.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          That seems to be the consensus......
          Kidding aside, I don't think one can have too many different beans in bean soup.

Oh, by the way how hot is that Louisiana Crystal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Kidding aside, I don't think one can have too many different beans in bean soup.

Oh, by the way how hot is that Louisiana Crystal?
            Apparently the red lentils and Split Pea kind of muddies the soup according to my wife, which obscures the taste of the other beans.

the Hot Sauce is really good, kind of Tabasco-ish with out the bitter after taste, very good on eggs and potatoes in the morning.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Surprised on the red lentils, but split peas do cook up faster than other beans, so I can see that being an issue.

Comment

Apparently the red lentils and Split Pea kind of muddies the soup according to my wife, which obscures the taste of the other beans.

the Hot Sauce is really good, kind of Tabasco-ish with out the bitter after taste, very good on eggs and potatoes in the morning.
                In:

Crystal Hot Sauce is a brand of Louisiana-style hot sauce produced by family-owned Baumer Foods since 1923. 3 million US gallons of Crystal Hot Sauce are shipped per year to 75 countries. The sauce is reddish orange with a medium heat and a milder, brighter flavor than Tabasco sauce. Wikipedia

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Surprised on the red lentils, but split peas do cook up faster than other beans, so I can see that being an issue.
                  Black Beans, Lentils, Green Split Peas, Pinto Beans, Small White Beans, Red Lentils, Yellow Split Peas, Pearl Barley, Small Red Beans, Adzuki Beans.

Could just be the 2 types of split peas.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Black Beans, Lentils, Green Split Peas, Pinto Beans, Small White Beans, Red Lentils, Yellow Split Peas, Pearl Barley, Small Red Beans, Adzuki Beans.

Maybe take out the split peas and add black eyed peas?

Comment

or the lack of garbanzo beans....it's always about the garbanzo beans. Or perhaps go with large white beans.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        or the lack of garbanzo beans....it's always about the garbanzo beans. Or perhaps go with large white beans.
                        We use the white beans for our baked beans, but I imagine they'd be good for this as well. Not a big fan of black eye peas.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We use the white beans for our baked beans, but I imagine they'd be good for this as well. Not a big fan of black eye peas.
                          Did you prefer Fergie's solo album ?
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Yeah, I’d drop the split peas and change in white beans.

Comment

• pan fried Salmon and Moshed po-tot-oh's.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                pan fried Salmon and Moshed po-tot-oh's.
                                I have to get myself where I can eat Salmon that is cooked. Right now I only enjoy sashimi or Sushi w/salmon.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X