Noah Syndergaard: TJ Surgery (3/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
    I didn’t see that first part when responding. What’s your LT contract drop fee? If it’s relatively small, I’d take on Thor to get Hendricks, then pay the cash cost to drop him next season. With COVID, I’m more hesitant to deal good keepers/prospects unless it is for a premium talent. However, if the LT drop fee is prohibitive, with Greene coming back from TJ and not having pitched above Low A, he’s the prospect I’d be most likely to deal (besides, TINSTAAPP).
    Sorry, it is riley greene, Tigers OFer. Drop fee is full price and lost keeper spot. I also feel he will not do much next year, but I have a hunch I can give him away later. With our $400 budget and extreme inflation, the top arms go for as much as $100. I think maybe I can give noah, even at half a good season, away. But I do not want to shop him yet as the owners I shop him to could just go to the source now and I lose Hendricks. It would be a gamble, but I like the prosects he wants, so I am trying to talk myself into taking Noah or Gary Sanchez instead.

Comment

Never mind, i thought it was Hendricks for Thor.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        If you are making a run this year and Noah's contract expires at the end of 2021, i would go for the Hendricks deal. If Noah's contract extends beyond 2021, i would want another player thrown in unless the Hendricks contract is longer than this season.
        Interesting. Wouldnt Thor gain value with another year? Do you think he may be toast? Hendricks cost $31...I doubt I will have room to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Interesting. Wouldnt Thor gain value with another year? Do you think he may be toast? Hendricks cost $31...I doubt I will have room to keep him.
          Yeah, i thought you were trading away Thor. My head's spinning now lol.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

If you have a shot to win, I think I’d take on Thor to get Hendricks, and worry about what to do with him later. With $400 cap, you might be able to find a taker, either pre-auction or in-season.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Yeah, i thought you were trading away Thor. My head's spinning now lol.
              I just want Hendricks, but to get him, I have to take Thor or Sanchez or give a top prospect. Just trying to figure which is the best option. Both Sanchez and Thor have 2 more years, but I would plan on trading either if I got them. I am just trying to decide if I will be able to give one of them away, or I should not risk it and just give the prospect. If I give the prospect, I am leaning toward Riley Greene, who is the farthest away.

Comment

If you have a shot to win, I think I’d take on Thor to get Hendricks, and worry about what to do with him later. With $400 cap, you might be able to find a taker, either pre-auction or in-season.
                Got it. Leaning this way. And leaning toward Thor as this is a 14 team 1 catcher league and Sanchez may be harder to move.

Comment

I agree with this.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree with this.
                    So you both agreed taking thor is better than taking gary sanchez, or giving Riley Greene?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      So you both agreed taking thor is better than taking gary sanchez, or giving Riley Greene?
                      I’m not familiar with Greene, but if you like him that much, take on Thor. I can’t see spending $25 on a catcher in a one catcher MLB league. (Not even in an only league, actually.)
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                      X