Noah Syndergaard: TJ Surgery (3/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Honestly, why though? My cousin needs a knee replacement and she is not permitted to get it done. So she will be unable to walk until this is over. My wife's grandfather needs prostate surgery and it was cancelled because of this. I thought all elective surgeries were off? Why are athlete's elective surgeries more important?
    You know why. They are more important than us regular folks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Does anyone know if Sale has had his TJ done yet?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Does anyone know if Sale has had his TJ done yet?
        Not done yet.

Comment

Cue the fantasy managers complaining that we shouldn't have drafted so early.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            so isn't the private health care system you guys have, well, privately run? can't a clinic choose what surgeries to do & which not to?

(*genuine question, I truly don't know in any detail how your system works)
            No, not when a state has issued emergency declarations and more or less declared martial law. But, some states haven't, and rich athletes and rich doctors who treat them can get to those states.

Comment

I think even here in NJ, the shutdown of elective surgeries only is coming on Friday. there will be plenty of states left for a rich person to get elective surgery for a bit.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Wow, I guess it's the year to get your TJ surgery if you need it.

Although... wait, this is elective surgery, how did he get in?
                I guess I was just 1 week too early with this post.

Dr. James Andrews suspends Tommy John surgeries amid pandemic

Dr. James Andrews will adhere to an executive order by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and not perform Tommy John surgery at his facility in the state until "medically unnecessary, non-urgent or non-emergency" procedures are allowed.

Comment

What is his value for 2021? Is he worth taking on at $25?

Comment

What is his value for 2021? Is he worth taking on at $25? I need an arm and have been offerred Hendricks to take Syndergaard, who is under contract at $25 next year. Or I can give Gorman, Greene, or Bohm for Hendricks. Leaning to taking Noah. I have open IL spots, and I think I can move him if news looks good next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      What is his value for 2021? Is he worth taking on at $25?
                      If your auction budget is around $1,000, then yes. If it is between $260 - $300, like many leagues, then I’d say no. If he has a quick 12 month recovery, he’ll still have to regain his feel for pitching. If his recovery takes closer to 18 months, then he won’t provide any value during the season.

On a rebuilding team, I’d take a flyer on him in the single digits. But $25 is near his auction price IF he was fully healthy, not coming off of TJ surgery.
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

So, would you rather give one of those prospects to get Hendricks, or should I pass on both deals?

Comment

Yeah, the first year back from TJ surgery is usually filled with limited pitch counts and inconsistency. And that's all after a late start. You can probably get him cheaper at the 2021 draft and have a nice keeper for 2022.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

He is under contract, so wont be in the auction. His price is why I am being offerred hendricks to take him. Tempted, as I might he able to unload him later for a lesser prospect. My league has a $400 cap and high I inflation, so his salary is equivalent to about $15 in a normal league.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              What is his value for 2021? Is he worth taking on at $25? I need an arm and have been offerred Hendricks to take Syndergaard, who is under contract at $25 next year. Or I can give Gorman, Greene, or Bohm for Hendricks. Leaning to taking Noah. I have open IL spots, and I think I can move him if news looks good next year.
                              I didn’t see that first part when responding. What’s your LT contract drop fee? If it’s relatively small, I’d take on Thor to get Hendricks, then pay the cash cost to drop him next season. With COVID, I’m more hesitant to deal good keepers/prospects unless it is for a premium talent. However, if the LT drop fee is prohibitive, with Greene coming back from TJ and not having pitched above Low A, he’s the prospect I’d be most likely to deal (besides, TINSTAAPP).
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I can also get hendricks if I take a $25 gary sanchez.

Comment

Working...
                                X