HDID: Two Drafts This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID: Two Drafts This Weekend

This weekend was supposed to be the weekend for my main AL only and NL only keeper leagues. However, we decided to postpone till a later date in the hopes to be able to do it in person. Since we all had no other plans this weekend we decided to do two drafts this weekend with the same rules as our leagues but as a non keeper league. Our leagues have 12 teams and we only got 9 since a few owners decided not to participate. It was done with Zoom and worked great, we could see and hear everyone.

The league settings are 6x6: AVG, OPS, R, HR, RBI, SB & ERA, WHIP, QS+W/2, SV, HD. These leagues are for fun, there is no money changing hands, other than covering the website fee.

Here's what I did.

In the AL, I decided to go after some hurt players with the assumption that they will be healthy when they play baseball (assuming they do). I spent too much on Chapman but other than my second catcher I don't think there's a glaring hole playing time wise. Could have drafted more speed (seems to be a trend for me). Yes, I know I drafted A LOT of Yankees, I usually shy away from them in my keeper league and since these are for fun, I decided to load up:

C Murphy,Sean $5
    C McGuire,Reese $1
    1B Abreu,Jose $24
    CI Tsutsugo,Yoshitomo $5
    3B Donaldson,Josh $20
    2B Lowe,Brandon $10
    MI Simmons,Andrelton $3
    SS Anderson,Tim $21
    OF Judge,Aaron $27
    OF Stanton,Giancarlo $19
    OF Grichuk,Randal $12
    OF Tauchman,Mike $1
    DH Voit,Luke $11
    UT Fraley,Jake $3
    P Paxton,James $15
    P Giolito,Lucas $20
    P Rodriguez,Eduardo $15
    P Minor,Mike $10
    P Happ,J.A. $4
    P Middleton,Keynan $1
    P Petit,Yusmeiro $5
    P Karinchak,James $4
    P Leclerc,Jose $9
    P Chapman,Aroldis $20

In the NL, I thought I'd try and load up on hitters and go really cheap in pitching. I ended up playing more for pitching than I budgeted for. Things got weird, the top end pitchers went for less than I thought but the lower end went for more. My catchers are a mess. I can live with that. Could have used a better #5 starter but I like my relievers, though there's some risk.

C Gomes,Yan $1
    C Bart,Joey $1
    1B Belt,Brandon $2
    CI Turner,Justin $19
    3B Arenado,Nolan $37
    2B Hiura,Keston $25
    MI Kieboom,Carter $4
    SS Baez,Javier $30
    OF Bellinger,Cody $42
    OF Dahl,David $13
    OF Braun,Ryan $15
    OF Nimmo,Brandon $2
    UT Frazier,Adam $1
    UT Heyward,Jason $1
    P Soroka,Mike $14
    P Hendricks,Kyle $12
    P Gallen,Zac $9
    P Weaver,Luke $9
    P Matz,Steven $1
    P Peralta,Freddy $1
    P Harris,Will $1
    P Wick,Rowan $2
    P Kela,Keone $7
    P Gallegos,Giovanny $14

What do you guys think? Hope everyone has been able to safely draft their leagues or reschedule to a later date. I hope it all matters and we get some kind of season, even if it's half a season.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Your AL only has a ton of power and I really like your top 4 SPs at those prices. Judge at $27 makes sense, but I have to admit Stanton at $19 is too pricey for me. Looks like you're very speed limited also. I think Minor will regress some (see my writeup) but at $10 that's a really solid buy.

NL is interesting. You bought a lot of health risk - China Dahl, Braun, Turner (and Braun's PT is a question) but a team with Bellinger, Baez, and Arenado can afford a few bumps from supporting staff. Pitching staff for a total spend of $70 is pretty good. You're ratio strong and K light and you need full to near full seasons out of Weaver and Matz.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
    X