X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID: Mixed 5x5 H2H forever keeper

14 teams, H2H 5x5 with SV+HLD

K = keeper (2-4 mandatory, rounds 1-4)
    F = forever keeper (0-4 backfilled from round 22)

Suzuki Encarnacion Merrifield K JRamirez K Baez K Yelich K Edman Renfroe TatisJr F
    Strasburg F Darvish Gallen Urias Chirinos Pearson Ottavino Britton Pagan Stammen
    B Rutschman F Akiyama Franco F

This is our first year going to SV+HLD so the pool of relievers was bigger.
    I traded my 6th and 8th round picks and lost 5-4 in the finals last year so I decided C wasn't a priority. A few C went right before my last 2 picks so I got stuck with Suzuki. When Rutschman fell to me with the 10th pick in round 19 I decided to grab him over guys like Pillar, Eaton, Mazara, Calhoun, Romo, Kintzler, Peacock, Folty.

I probably need a slugger. How does the rest look?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I like your blend of power and speed. Main risk I see is your bottom four starting pitchers. I like all of them, but certainty isn't there with any of them.

Love the move with Rutschmann. Suzuki is an OK guy for a year, maybe two, but Rutschmann could be a beast.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

We are converting this to a roto league for the year. Rich Hill was passed over in the draft. Would you add him over anyone on my roster?

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        We are converting this to a roto league for the year. Rich Hill was passed over in the draft. Would you add him over anyone on my roster?
        Chirinos wasn't at opening of the Rays camp yesterday, so he might be a good possibility, check and see if you can find out anything more, but I think that Hill would be a good get for this season.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Chirinos wasn't at opening of the Rays camp yesterday, so he might be a good possibility, check and see if you can find out anything more, but I think that Hill would be a good get for this season.
          Thanks! Great tip. He's also a potential keeper in my AL.

Comment

I'm in win now mode, after losing in the finals last year. Is it fair to drop Rutschman to pick up Hill or someone else and try to get Rutschman again next year?

Comment

I'm in win now mode, after losing in the finals last year. Is it fair to drop Rutschman to pick up Hill or someone else and try to get Rutschman again next year?
              What is meant by a forever keeper? Is this truly a dynasty league? How did you get Rutschman so late?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                What is meant by a forever keeper? Is this truly a dynasty league? How did you get Rutschman so late?
                Rounds 19-22 can be kept forever, backfilled from rd 22. Prospects who are not MLB-ready get drafted in those rounds. I had Strasburg, Tatis and Franco as keepers in rounds 20-22.

Rutsch fell to me because 3 teams already had keepers in the round (bold). Here's what it looked like.

1. Julio Rodriguez (Sea - OF)
                2. Evan White (Sea - 1B)
                3. Dylan Carlson (StL - OF)
                4. Clint Frazier (NYY - OF)
                5. Zack Greinke  (Hou - SP)
                6. Kyle Gibson (Tex - SP,RP)
                7. Corey Seager  (LAD - SS)
                8. Forrest Whitley (Hou - SP)
                9. Spencer Howard (Phi - SP)
                10. Yasiel Puig (Cle - OF)
                11. Elieser Hernandez (Mia - SP,RP)
                12. George Springer  (Hou - OF)
                13. Adley Rutschman (Bal - C)
                14. Matthew Allan (NYM - SP)

With no minor league season, is there a chance he plays MLB games? I don't think he's that close. Also, if he doesn't play this year, he may not be as highly rated in a year, increasing the chances he falls to me again.

Comment

Rounds 19-22 can be kept forever, backfilled from rd 22. Prospects who are not MLB-ready get drafted in those rounds. I had Strasburg, Tatis and Franco as keepers in rounds 20-22.

Rutsch fell to me because 3 teams already had keepers in the round (bold). Here's what it looked like.

1. Julio Rodriguez (Sea - OF)
                  2. Evan White (Sea - 1B)
                  3. Dylan Carlson (StL - OF)
                  4. Clint Frazier (NYY - OF)
                  5. Zack Greinke  (Hou - SP)
                  6. Kyle Gibson (Tex - SP,RP)
                  7. Corey Seager  (LAD - SS)
                  8. Forrest Whitley (Hou - SP)
                  9. Spencer Howard (Phi - SP)
                  10. Yasiel Puig (Cle - OF)
                  11. Elieser Hernandez (Mia - SP,RP)
                  12. George Springer  (Hou - OF)
                  13. Adley Rutschman (Bal - C)
                  14. Matthew Allan (NYM - SP)

With no minor league season, is there a chance he plays MLB games? I don't think he's that close. Also, if he doesn't play this year, he may not be as highly rated in a year, increasing the chances he falls to me again.
                  I certainly wouldn't keep Matt Allen over Rutschman...he's a top 5 prospect who'll be in the majors sooner than later with Baltimore. He's a very good hitter with power, and likely will DH when he's not catching...I Would NOT drop him.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I wouldn't even consider it. Yeah, Hill will be ready, but he could break down the first week. There's no way I give up a primo asset like Rutschman for a question mark as big as Rich Hill.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't keep Matt Allen over Rutschman...he's a top 5 prospect who'll be in the majors sooner than later with Baltimore. He's a very good hitter with power, and likely will DH when he's not catching...I Would NOT drop him.
                      How did Matt Allen enter the discussion? That said, I didn't realize Rutchman was so highly rated. MLB.com has Franco as #1 and Rutch at #4. I could be on the verge of building a late round dynasty though I may need to move Tatis or Franco down the road.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I wouldn't even consider it. Yeah, Hill will be ready, but he could break down the first week. There's no way I give up a primo asset like Rutschman for a question mark as big as Rich Hill.
                      Good point about Hill. As above, I didn't know how well I did drafting Rutch. Flags fly forever, and in the last 4 years I've moved prospects Moncada, Giolito and Bellinger, with one title and 2 runner-ups to show for it. I could consider trading Rutch after 5 weeks if someone makes me an offer that will put me over the top. Stay tuned.

Comment

How did Matt Allen enter the discussion? That said, I didn't realize Rutchman was so highly rated. MLB.com has Franco as #1 and Rutch at #4. I could be on the verge of building a late round dynasty though I may need to move Tatis or Franco down the road.

Because you have Allan listed on your roster...I assume that anyone you listed would be cuttable, and If I had to cut a kid pitcher over a top 5 stud hitter, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Because you have Allan listed on your roster...I assume that anyone you listed would be cuttable, and If I had to cut a kid pitcher over a top 5 stud hitter, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
                          Are you misreading Zac Gallen?

Comment

Another Q, in roto format, are these guys upgrades over Suzuki? Add/drops are free right now.

d'Arnaud JMcCann RPerez Chirinos Astudillo Severino

Comment

Good point about Hill. As above, I didn't know how well I did drafting Rutch. Flags fly forever, and in the last 4 years I've moved prospects Moncada, Giolito and Bellinger, with one title and 2 runner-ups to show for it. I could consider trading Rutch after 5 weeks if someone makes me an offer that will put me over the top. Stay tuned.
                              I was going to suggest a mid-season trade will likely net you a lot more than Rich Hill, but I had a senior moment and forgot.

Another Q, in roto format, are these guys upgrades over Suzuki? Add/drops are free right now.

d'Arnaud JMcCann RPerez Chirinos Astudillo Severino
                              The only one I'd consider is McCann. Suzuki is in exceptional physical condition, but McCann is six years younger and has power upside. OTOH, Suzuki still puts the bat on the ball exceptionally well, so his BA floor is very good, and McCann comes with risk there. I'd personally go with youth and power upside, but for this year, they're probably a horse apiece.

Comment

Working...
                              X