HDID: New Dynasty League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID: New Dynasty League

Along with most of my local league mates (and some new owners) we created a new dynasty league. We tried to make it 16 teams but ended up with 15 teams. We drafted 40 man rosters (25 active and 15 reserve) in two separate auctions. It is a 5x5 mixed league: OPS, R, HR, RBI, SB & ERA, WHIP, W, SV, K. Here's what I ended up with. There are no contracts, you can keep a player indefinitely, however salaries increase by $5 every year. Minor league eligible players only need a $3 raise until they reach the 130AB/50IP mark.

Main auction was a $270 budget

C - Travis d'Arnaud $1
    C - Dalton Varsho $1
    1B - Freddie Freeman $43
    CI - Luke Voit $5
    3B - Alec Bohm $1
    2B - Jonathan Schoop $1
    MI - Luis Urias $3
    SS - Tim Anderson $17
    OF - Christian Yelich $56
    OF - Giancarlo Stanton $16
    OF - Michael Conforto $23
    OF - Franmil Reyes $15
    OF - Kole Calhoun $1
    UT - Hunter Renfroe $2

P - Chris Paddack $24
    P - Corey Kluber $15
    P - Zac Gallen $12
    P - Dinelson Lamet $5
    P - Jake Odorizzi $3
    P - Nate Pearson $2
    P - Mike Foltynewcz $1
    P - Trevor Rosenthal $1
    P - Bursdar Grateral $1
    P - Kenyan Middleton $1
    P - Aroldis Chapman $20

Reserve was a $40 auction

Kurt Suzuki $4
    Corey Knebel $6
    Nomar Mazara $10
    Jurickson Profar $9
    Manuel Margot $4
    JP Crawford $2
    Kyle Crick $1
    Marvin Gonzalez $1
    Isan Diaz $2
    Isiah Kiner-Falefa $1
    Endeir Inciarte $1
    Mitch Moreland $1
    Hunter Greene $1
    Shane Baz $1
    Jedd Gyroko $1

I've since traded Lamet for JD Davis $1 since I needed a third basement. I spent too much on Chapman as closers went for way less later in the draft. I wish I drafted more starters but they went for a lot.

If we actually get to have a season, what do you guys think? It's got some holes but I think I can make a trade or two. I like my mix of value for this year and future prospects, Bohm, Varsho and Pearson should be nice value especially considering Wander Franco went for $24.
    Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 03-20-2020, 10:16 PM.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

I think you spent your money well. Really good value in D'Arnaud, Schoop, Urias, Stanton, Reyes, Calhoun, Renfroe and I like your starters a lot. Very little speed. Most teams will have 2 closers in a 15-teamer; find another source of saves so you can compete with them. Are guys like Bummer, Oberg, Betances, Harvey available? Knebel could be that guy. He's a shrewd buy.

Interesting that you reset the budget for the reserve draft - I like the idea. Mazara and Margot are insurance for certain injury prone OF (no jink).

You definitely need to address the speed shortage but I feel like this team can compete.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      I think you spent your money well. Really good value in D'Arnaud, Schoop, Urias, Stanton, Reyes, Calhoun, Renfroe and I like your starters a lot. Very little speed. Most teams will have 2 closers in a 15-teamer; find another source of saves so you can compete with them. Are guys like Bummer, Oberg, Betances, Harvey available? Knebel could be that guy. He's a shrewd buy.

Interesting that you reset the budget for the reserve draft - I like the idea. Mazara and Margot are insurance for certain injury prone OF (no jink).

You definitely need to address the speed shortage but I feel like this team can compete.
      Thanks. I agree with your assessment and you might be a little more positive about my outlook than me. Margot was a reaction to the lack of speed, but yes, the speed is pretty bad.

I drafted Middleton and Rosenthal as potential saves at some point. I don't think it will be too hard to find a closer somewhere along the way.

All those relievers were drafted, the best ones available are Petit, Harris, Poche and Chad Green. This deep of a league and bench most good relievers are taken.

We reset the budget so that teams didn't go crazy on stars and scrubs. We didn't want players going to $60-$70+ if people were comfortable just spending $15 on their 15 reserve players. This way we were able to keep the dollar values fairly consistent with normal drafts. We did $270 cause we drafted 11 pitchers.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

You have a lot of good hitting buys; I like the risk/reward on Stanton at $15. You're speed short, but have some pieces to deal to get it especially if Stanton can stay healthy.

Pitching without Lamet...wow, that could be a struggle, especially if Kluber pulls a poor first month, as he's often done. I do like Odorizzi at 3.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          You have a lot of good hitting buys; I like the risk/reward on Stanton at $15. You're speed short, but have some pieces to deal to get it especially if Stanton can stay healthy.

Pitching without Lamet...wow, that could be a struggle, especially if Kluber pulls a poor first month, as he's often done. I do like Odorizzi at 3.
          So, the owner I traded with told me he liked Lamet and I was looking for a third basemen and I really like JD Davis so I made the offer. Then realized that I was pretty short on starters. But I do have extra outfielders so I can always trade one for a starter.

(Stanton was $16, not $15 but I still like it).

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
          X