No announcement yet.

Chris Sale: TJ Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think that you just have to have a rule and stick to it with everyone so it is fair. Sure, Sale got hurt before the season started, but what about the guy who spends $60 on deGrom if deGrom gets hurt after your auction? There has to be an arbitrary deadline. It can be the keeper list submit date, it can be draft day, or somewhere in between, but for fairness sake, it has to be set in stone and the same for everyone.

Comment

Thanks guys. I decided to let the guy replace Sale with another player and adjusted his team budget to reflect the $60 difference in cost. Just trying to be fair. That's a tough hole to climb out of and would have sunk his season as long as it doesn't get canceled. Someone else may be in the same situation some day so this new rule will benefit everyone going forward if a keeper player has a season ending injury before the draft. Everyone in my league seems to be ok with it.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Thanks guys. I decided to let the guy replace Sale with another player and adjusted his team budget to reflect the $60 difference in cost. Just trying to be fair. That's a tough hole to climb out of and would have sunk his season as long as it doesn't get canceled. Someone else may be in the same situation some day so this new rule will benefit everyone going forward if a keeper player has a season ending injury before the draft. Everyone in my league seems to be ok with it.
        This is not at all intended as a criticism of you, but to give perspective. If I saw that in my league and every owner was not also afforded the right to swap keepers (basically changing the keeper deadline), this would be my last year in that league.

I understand you are trying to be fair, but fair would be affording the same options to all teams, not just one. Basically you are saying that his decision to keep Sale is okay to roll back, but what about other teams, why can't they roll back a previous bad decision?

The only way to work through this is something that is equitable for all, not just to accommodate one team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          This is not at all intended as a criticism of you, but to give perspective. If I saw that in my league and every owner was not also afforded the right to swap keepers (basically changing the keeper deadline), this would be my last year in that league.

I understand you are trying to be fair, but fair would be affording the same options to all teams, not just one. Basically you are saying that his decision to keep Sale is okay to roll back, but what about other teams, why can't they roll back a previous bad decision?

The only way to work through this is something that is equitable for all, not just to accommodate one team.
          None of the other keepers are going to miss the entire season. Unless it gets canceled of course.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            None of the other keepers are going to miss the entire season. Unless it gets canceled of course.
            What if they are though? Was the Mancini owner given the same option? And why is specifically the entire season the only length necessary. Was the Verlander owner given the same option? And the Severino owner? Were owners of TJ pitchers given extra resources in past years?

Unless your constitution specifically says you can do this, this is the wrong decision in my opinion. You are trying to be nice, which is certainly a great thing, but it should be unilateral and not just one situation. You are worried because he paid so much salary towards one player but that was the risk he took on.

Comment

What if they are though? Was the Mancini owner given the same option? And why is specifically the entire season the only length necessary. Was the Verlander owner given the same option? And the Severino owner? Were owners of TJ pitchers given extra resources in past years?
              We just chose keepers last week. So, Mancinini and Severino were not kept. Verlander was not eligible to be kept. This was not a rule in past seasons and i got stuck with a $6 Knebel last year.

Unless your constitution specifically says you can do this, this is the wrong decision in my opinion. You are trying to be nice, which is certainly a great thing, but it should be unilateral and not just one situation. You are worried because he paid so much salary towards one player but that was the risk he took on.
              It will eventually be used in more than one situation because it will be used in the future for keepers who suffer season ending injuries before the draft. And absent such a rule, who knows if a manager in a future season will be compelled to quit the league on the day of the draft if they are placed at such a disadvantage.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Sales went to a rebuilder in our 12 team AL 5x5 for $17.

Severino went for 11 to the same owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Sales went to a rebuilder in our 12 team AL 5x5 for $17.

Severino went for 11 to the same owner.
                  Sale went for $14 in our AL only yesterday and Severino went for $3 very late. Sale came out early, I wonder what Luis would have gone for earlier. I was hoping to get him for $2 late.

Comment

Sale had his surgery on 3/26.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                    X