12 team mixed - HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 team mixed - HDID

2nd year in this non keeper 12 team mixed league that used a snake draft. I know I am weak on saves, but I punted them last year and still ended up in 1st place.
    we use the standard 5x5 scoring categories..... Thanks for any thoughts/comments.

Jorge Alfaro Mia - C
    Sean Murphy Oak - C
    Jesús Aguilar Mia - 1B
    Danny Santana Tex - 1B
    Ozzie Albies Atl - 2B
    Scott Kingery Phi - 2B
    Yoán Moncada CWS - 3B
    J.D. Davis NYM - 3B
    Trea Turner Was - SS
    Tim Anderson CWS - SS
    Luis Robert CWS - OF
    Max Kepler Min - OF
    Nomar Mazara CWS - OF
    Aaron Judge NYY - OF
    Ian Happ ChC - OF
    Jorge Soler KC - OF

Jacob deGrom NYM - P
    Patrick Corbin Was - P
    Brandon Woodruff Mil - P
    Eduardo Rodriguez Bos - P
    Scott Oberg Col - P
    Mychal Givens Bal - P
    Joe Musgrove Pit - P
    Anthony DeSclafani Cin - P
    Yoshihisa Hirano Sea - P
    Dinelson Lamet SD - P

Lots of power if things go right. Not a ton of speed as guys like Santana and Moncada ran less last year. Rotation is solid but not overwhelming. I'd scour the WW for saves but Givens and Oberg should get you 20+ saves.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Interesting team for a 12-team mixed. I assume you drafted near the end and Turner and deGrom were the first two picks, but I don't see a third round pick on the team. I don't see the huge power. The whole team seems balanced except for saves, but a little light everywhere considering you didn't draft closers.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Interesting team for a 12-team mixed.
        That was my thought too. Normally when I see a 12 team mixed roster it has few holes if any because replacement level is so high. This one looks like a 15 team mixed instead with some good areas but not solid across the board like I’m used to. Specifically the pitching looks strange. If you punt closers and other teams are taking several I would expect the back of the rotation to look better.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Interesting team for a 12-team mixed. I assume you drafted near the end and Turner and deGrom were the first two picks, but I don't see a third round pick on the team. I don't see the huge power. The whole team seems balanced except for saves, but a little light everywhere considering you didn't draft closers.
          Corbin? Moncada? Judge? Soler?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            Corbin? Moncada? Judge? Soler?
            Way too early for Soler. Corbin is about a round too early although a possibility. Moncada a couple rounds early. Judge may be the 3rd round pick, I guess it depends on when the draft occurred.

I would put my guess in for Albies though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Way too early for Soler. Corbin is about a round too early although a possibility. Moncada a couple rounds early. Judge may be the 3rd round pick, I guess it depends on when the draft occurred.

I would put my guess in for Albies though.
              you are correct good sir. I had the 11th pick, so my first 2 picks were Turner and deGrom. then 3rd pick was Albies followed by Corbin. picked up Judge and Solar much later (i think around 8 or 9th round)

Comment

Working...
              X