No announcement yet.

Official *MLB Season Delayed* Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will be a train wreck, no matter what rules are put in, and I do not mean to be a party pooper. Look, Charlie Blackmon just tested positive, a flat out NL star. Words highly infectious arent window dressing. Lots and lots of players will test positive. This year will be a mess.

Comment

• so bizarre that if you are feeling really ruthless, you hope your player gets it this week - so they almost certainly recover fully before spring training resumes in earnest, and possibly with antibodies that remove a risk of him missing a part of the season.

touts will be urging "max bids" on players who already have recovered, for leagues that haven't drafted yet.

wait, are we not even halfway through 2020 yet?

1968 still has it beat, but 2020 is racking up some quality nightmare points......
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post

so is it safe to start talking about baseball around here yet? If it is, let me go on record that Ken haaaaates Trevor Bauer
        haha, fair - I actually have him in at least one league. I just think he's overhyped. Reminds me of Porcello with the one year wonder (although obviously a completely different K profile), hopefully he puts a few more seasons together like 2018 and sheds that.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Yup.

We're moving forward in all of my leagues.
          Same here. Auction now on July 17th. It's going to be some verrrrrry interesting bidding, no doubt.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            haha, fair - I actually have him in at least one league. I just think he's overhyped. Reminds me of Porcello with the one year wonder (although obviously a completely different K profile), hopefully he puts a few more seasons together like 2018 and sheds that.
            He's got the arm. But he's like Nuke LaLooshe without Crash Davis. 10 cent head.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              He's got the arm. But he's like Nuke LaLooshe without Crash Davis. 10 cent head.
              I love Bauer- I bought a Bauer Jersey last year the first with a players name on it and then he got traded before I even got a chance to wear it. Our 30 plus year league is still up in the air about having it. I want it because I owned Stanton last year and my team tanked so I have to be Assmonkee but only for 60 games - Winning!!!!!

Comment

• Including the full/shortened season this year, it's going to take Domingo German parts of three seasons to serve his suspension.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Does anyone know what the covid protocols are going to be? Do you have to quarantine the player only or all contacts as well etc.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Including the full/shortened season this year, it's going to take Domingo German parts of three seasons to serve his suspension.
                    He has 63 games left. If the Yankees make the playoffs he's eligible for the 4th game of the playoffs.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      He has 63 games left. If the Yankees make the playoffs he's eligible for the 4th game of the playoffs.
                      Pretty sure that he is not able to return for playoffs. 2021 for him.

Comment

• CShould we start a thread tracking Covid Positive players?
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          so many possibilities.

you could allow players to be frozen for 2021 - but only if you don't freeze them for 2020, for example. lots of strategy there.

or, if this becomes difficult, you could compromise and allow, say, each owner to keep up to three players in 2021 at the same 2020 contract they were frozen at.

I like the 3 players idea. My league has been debating this and most seem to want to keep contracts at 2020 levels in 2021. I'm not so sure. I think if we put it to a vote, that's what would pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            Pretty sure that he is not able to return for playoffs. 2021 for him.
                            He's eligible for the playoffs. It's only PED suspended players that are not eligible for the playoffs.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              He's eligible for the playoffs. It's only PED suspended players that are not eligible for the playoffs.
                              SNY's Andy Martino says German will not be allowed to return for the postseason (assuming the Yankees make the post-season) and that he can be reinstated before Opening Day in 2021.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• From Rotoworld:

Andy Slater of 640AM South Florida reports that Miami-Dade county mayor Carlos A. Gimenez will consider allowing fans at Marlins Park starting next month.
                                Slater notes that the Marlins must first submit a plan to the county for how fans can safely socially distance.
                                Marlins team answer: Photo of last home game with fans.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X