Official *MLB Season Delayed* Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Is one of them Joe West? Please? Can we increase the opt out to 12?
    But seriously, how is that guy still an ump? There has to be thousands of guys good at that job eager to replace him.

Comment

• From RW:

Didi Gregorius told reporters on Wednesday that he plans to wear a mask on the field at all times.

I havent heard any other athlete say this. He says he's hi-risk because of kidney problems. I assume that he also intends to wear it at all times in the locker room where it's much more important to wear it.

Comment

• ex-teammate Clint Frazier also going the masked route
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Kinda quits those complaining about getting enough oxygen while sitting at a desk wearing a mask, although, I do wonder how they will perform at peak wearing them. I guess it will depend on what type they wear, but breathing hard in a mask doesn't seem like fun. I'd think at least they'd feel safe taking a breather from it between plays, when everyone is pretty far apart.

Comment

• Breathing hard playing baseball as an infielder? Maybe for about six plays a game (including maybe three at-bats where he has to run).
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Just had the online draft for my other normally in-person league (my 3rd league is not operating this season). We used CBS to draft. I found this draft to be even problematic than the 1st one. I did a mock draft last night, but I thought it was almost useless. There were only 3 participants and 1 dropped out after the first couple of rounds. We had only about 5 secs to make a selection and it just went entirely too fast. I guess you're really forced to preselect the players you want into the queue but I didnt know this so I was like a one-armed wallpaper hanger the entire draft.

Anyway, in the real draft the list of players to select from was very short and, unlike my prior draft, you couldnt load more players in, you just had to wait until players percolated up after others were selected. We had 90 secs to make a pick, which should have been plenty of time but because of the short list there was a point where practically none of the players listed were ones I was interested and I ended up scrambling to find someone and once I ran out of time and had a player autopicked. I also accidentally turned the "autopick" feature on once and had 2 more players autopicked for me. And during the reserve round phase, it ran out of desirable players so the only way to get any players you wanted in the later rounds was to use the "search" feature. Some of the other owners gave up and just let the site autopick all of their later round players. I did learn to use the queue to preselect candidates towards the later rounds. But there's really no excuse for not having a longer list of players to select from. I can add this to the list of things I dont like about CBS's site.

Anyway, again it wasnt a bad experience, it's just that I wasnt used to it. I'll do better next time. I look forward to things getting back to normal and having in-person drafts again next year.

Comment

• Sorry, that was your mistake RHD. You must have had “Top Players” selected instead of the entire list, which is why you only saw a few players at a time.

I’ve used CBS and it’s predecessors for 20+ years and have never had that issue before.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Sorry, that was your mistake RHD. You must have had “Top Players” selected instead of the entire list, which is why you only saw a few players at a time.

I’ve used CBS and it’s predecessors for 20+ years and have never had that issue before.
                  No, there was no option for "top players". The only options I saw were for "all" players, which was the default, or a particular position, like 3B only. I specifically had to keep selecting the "All" players option because that was the only way I found to get the full list back after searching for a player. I cant explain why your experience was different.

Comment

• I only tried CBS once, about 10 years ago, but my experience was like Revo's.

basicallly you put the work in before the draft. once you do that, the pace doesn't seem rapid at all, as all your positions are roughly queued up (of course if your early hitting picks went AVG/SB-heavy, then smart to 'promote' a slugger a couple of slots later for balancing purposes).
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      No, there was no option for "top players". The only options I saw were for "all" players, which was the default, or a particular position, like 3B only. I specifically had to keep selecting the "All" players option because that was the only way I found to get the full list back after searching for a player. I cant explain why your experience was different.
                      What you are describing doesn't relate to revo's point though.

Yes, when you search, you can then click "all" to exit out of the search. But that doesn't preclude there being a list of players outside the top players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        What you are describing doesn't relate to revo's point though.

Yes, when you search, you can then click "all" to exit out of the search. But that doesn't preclude there being a list of players outside the top players.
                        And you can also just click on a position, and it'll list the guys left according to CBS rankings...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          And you can also just click on a position, and it'll list the guys left according to CBS rankings...
                          Agree. And you can sort by each category listed in order to see the best by category.

CBS draft software isn't perfect by any means, but it's passable.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            I'm in the CBS draft room right now as my redraft league drafts tomorrow night, and I'm just not seeing anything that would preclude you from switching to "All Players" (which has the top 33 players on Page 1, but allows you to move to further pages). "Top Players" is the only selection in the dropdown that limits players, in this case to the top at every starting position in your fantasy lineup, and that would describe what you're saying of "players percolating up."

Yes, if you search for a player, you have to click back on "All" to get back to the main list of players, but again, that's the best 33 and then you would click on the "Next" button to see the rest. In no way is that limited, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I'm in the CBS draft room right now as my redraft league drafts tomorrow night, and I'm just not seeing anything that would preclude you from switching to "All Players" (which has the top 33 players on Page 1, but allows you to move to further pages). "Top Players" is the only selection in the dropdown that limits players, in this case to the top at every starting position in your fantasy lineup, and that would describe what you're saying of "players percolating up."

Yes, if you search for a player, you have to click back on "All" to get back to the main list of players, but again, that's the best 33 and then you would click on the "Next" button to see the rest. In no way is that limited, though.
                              Since several people are saying that there is a way to view a longer list, I'll assume that that is true. But I was specifically looking for a way to display more players and I didnt see a 'Next" option or any other option to do this. The Fantrax draft had a "load next 200" option and I used that. Unfortunately, our league no longer has the "Draft Room" option so I cant go into it now to check. Thanx for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X