Official *MLB Season Delayed* Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    The one I worry about the most so far is Freddie Freeman. Not because of how this hurts my Braves (that's a separate worry) but because he tested negative before arriving to camp and tested positive when he got there. Is this going to spread around camp so bad that the whole thing gets called off? Definitely a worry.
    Yeah, that is troubling, and maybe how the other three Braves got it, or maybe one of them gave it to him.

Comment

• It may also be a reminder that COVID testing is not 100% reliable.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Veteran Cardinals reliever Andrew Miller on Sunday gave voice to those doubts. Per Anne Rogers of MLB.com, here's what Miller said:

"I think there's still some doubt that we're going to have a season now. By no means is this a slam dunk. We're trying, we're going to give it our best effort, but for me to sit here and say 100 percent would be a lie."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Veteran Cardinals reliever Andrew Miller on Sunday gave voice to those doubts. Per Anne Rogers of MLB.com, here's what Miller said:

"I think there's still some doubt that we're going to have a season now. By no means is this a slam dunk. We're trying, we're going to give it our best effort, but for me to sit here and say 100 percent would be a lie."

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/c...20-mlb-season/
          Paying OneJay to correct him and point out that the players and their families are young and have nothing to worry about
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Paying OneJay to correct him and point out that the players and their families are young and have nothing to worry about
            All this time i've been posting for free. I need a better agent.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              All this time i've been posting for free. I need a better agent.
              I know a guy....
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I know a guy....
                You mean yuy?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am getting more pessimistic about the chances of having a baseball season.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                    I am getting more pessimistic about the chances of having a baseball season.
                    Cumulative pessimism, or is there one thing that really worries you?

Comment

Think of it this way:
                      Just four months ago, sports as an entirety shut down pretty much because one player on one NBA team got it. Now, players are being diagnosed with it left and right, and there's not even a discussion of shutting down.

The only way any league is shutting down is if the players walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Think of it this way:
                        Just four months ago, sports as an entirety shut down pretty much because one player on one NBA team got it. Now, players are being diagnosed with it left and right, and there's not even a discussion of shutting down.

The only way any league is shutting down is if the players walk.
                        I sure hope we don't, but if we see something tragic result from one of the players or their family getting sick will be hard to say what would happen
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• When I initially read the details of the testing protocol I had doubts that it could be implemented. It seemed as if both management and the union seemed to feel it could be done but they seem to be having major issues.

Comment

• I kinda believe Trout is key here--If he opts out, we could see a string of other top players doing the same.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              I kinda believe Trout is key here--If he opts out, we could see a string of other top players doing the same.
                              Watch ESPN's whole attitude change if that happens. If Trout, Harper, Bryant, or someone like that opts out, or one of the more prominent Yankees, Red Sox, or Dodgers, I agree, that could lead to others, and at some point even a tone-deaf guy like Manfred would have to say, "OK, I get it. Let's regroup and reconvene in February."
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Giants cease ST due to delays in getting test results.

2.5 weeks until Opening Day. Allegedly.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X