Official *MLB Season Delayed* Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Marlins team answer: Photo of last home game with fans.
    That's funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Does anyone know what the covid protocols are going to be? Do you have to quarantine the player only or all contacts as well etc.
      All the contacts have to be tested, and they must test negative and be asymptomatic before they can enter club facilities.

Edit to clarify: My understanding is that the other players (the contacts of the person who tested positive) can continue to play while waiting for test results to come back. All of this is still evolving and being clarified day to day.
      Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 06-25-2020, 10:49 AM.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        All the contacts have to be tested, and they must test negative and be asymptomatic before they can enter club facilities.
        What's the exact story on Service Time for players who haven't played in the majors before (i.e. Jo Adell, Wander Franco)? I've seen it will also be pro-rated, so will they really need to sit out 6 or 7 games before a team will put them on the active roster?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          What's the exact story on Service Time for players who haven't played in the majors before (i.e. Jo Adell, Wander Franco)? I've seen it will also be pro-rated, so will they really need to sit out 6 or 7 games before a team will put them on the active roster?
          None of that has been officially communicated to clubs yet. Expect something possibly as soon as today.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            MLB hasn't quite figured out how to maximally screw these guys without making it look like they're screwing them.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• It's just baffling to me that as more and more players and staff test positive, as cases across the US surge there are some teams/cities who are planning to allow fans in to watch games.

The people making these decisions should be forced to live with a Covid Positive person for a week or so, since they seem to be willing to gamble with the health of others--why not start with themselves.

Greedy fucks.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It's just baffling to me that as more and more players and staff test positive, as cases across the US surge there are some teams/cities who are planning to allow fans in to watch games.

The people making these decisions should be forced to live with a Covid Positive person for a week or so, since they seem to be willing to gamble with the health of others--why not start with themselves.

Greedy fucks.
                While I certainly agree with your conclusion, the crazy thing is teams are getting calls from fans asking when they can come watch games and what ticket availability is.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  While I certainly agree with your conclusion, the crazy thing is teams are getting calls from fans asking when they can come watch games and what ticket availability is.
                  Of course they are, see my post in the Covid thread.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It's just baffling to me that as more and more players and staff test positive, as cases across the US surge there are some teams/cities who are planning to allow fans in to watch games.
                    I will believe that when I see it. It's one thing to hold open the possibility right now, another to actually pull it off.

Comment

• According to SNY's Andy Martino, one team having to drop out of MLB's planned 60-game season due to a COVID-19 outbreak would not necessarily result in a league-wide cancellation.
                      Martino obtained new language that was added to the March 26 agreement on Tuesday, and it outlines commissioner Rob Manfred's authority to cancel or suspend events as Major League Baseball attempts to stage a season amid a pandemic. The scenarios that would result in a possible cancelation or suspension: further travel restrictions being imposed, a "material change in circumstances" that would bring about "an unreasonable health and safety risk," and/or the number of diagnoses among the league ranks reaching a level where "the competitive integrity of the season is undermined." That last part is open to some interpretation. For now, MLB is planning to open spring training 2.0 on July 1 and begin a 60-game campaign on July 23-24.

SOURCE: SNY.tv
                      Jun 26, 2020, 7:06 PM ET

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        We're deciding between freezing rosters for 2021 and just doing a one-off redraft this year, or not doing anything at all. There has been no interest in treating this like a normal year. We don't have long-term contracts (to keep someone, you give them a 50% raise, and decisions on that go year to year), so no one is getting screwed in that regard.
                        And we're not playing.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                          Contemplating this. My league has not drafted yet, and we are convening on Friday via Zoom to determine what the course of action will be, and whether or not we'll hold a live auction. Curious to hear other league's solutions. I think the greatest likelihood is that we will just play '20 out like a normal season, with some minor rules tweaks.
                          League decided to press "pause" on all contracts til '21. Doing a one-off draft for 2020, no transaction fee free-for-all league for the race to 60. No live draft. Undetermined whether we'll do a snake or auction via CBS. Participation optional. MLB must complete 50 games minimum to consider it a viable 'season'.

Our league traditionally waits until Opening Day for live auction, so we didnt get caught in the quagmire of having to back up a freeze/draft. We didnt even make it to roster freeze day.
                          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• My leagues are playing, with some one-season rules tweaks, such as increasing the number of IL slots, pro-rating the IP and AB/PA requirements, and changing the trade deadline. Some are increasing the frequency of lineup changes from weekly to semi-weekly or daily. Whether contracts will toll by a year remains to be seen.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

• One of my leagues just had a "GoToMeeting" conference to discuss our season and we're doing a 1-year-only, non-keeper snake draft. All major issues were ironed out (we think), only took 1 hour and we set our online draft date. My other league had planned a similar thing but we havent resumed discussion yet.

Comment

• Just read this on Rotoworld--

"Shi Davidi of Sportsnet reports that the Blue Jays have received an exemption letter from the federal government and will be allowed to move their training camp to Toronto.
                                The Jays had been hopeful of getting clearance to move spring training 2.0 from Florida to Toronto and now they've received it. It's not clear yet whether they'll be allowed to play regular season games at Rogers Centre, but that's the goal."
                                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X