Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread: Official *MLB Season Delayed* Thread

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Your commish did a terrible job. 30 seconds is way too fast, and if you were on a Zoom call, why couldn't you just say, 'hey wait a second, that's not my guy?'

You also should have set a queue prior to the draft start, as well as add to it in between picks. Sorry it was a bad experience, but sounds very avoidable.
    No, it wasnt a bad experience at all. It was just a new experience that I wasnt used to. I think there was a way to set a queue and maybe some people did that. I just didnt know how to do it and I probably wouldnt have done it even if I knew how. I just wanted more time between picks and that there was that time limit and also the autopick feature should have been made clearer. And I think our commish did a very good job putting all this together under these circumstances. Just not a perfect job. I'll campaign for the 60-second limit if we do this again.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    No, it wasnt a bad experience at all. It was just a new experience that I wasnt used to. I think there was a way to set a queue and maybe some people did that. I just didnt know how to do it and I probably wouldnt have done it even if I knew how. I just wanted more time between picks and that there was that time limit and also the autopick feature should have been made clearer. And I think our commish did a very good job putting all this together under these circumstances. Just not a perfect job. I'll campaign for the 60-second limit if we do this again.
    In my experiences with Fantrax, 90 seconds seems to be the sweet spot. With some autopicks and others picking right away the average time is much less than that but 90 seconds when you need it allows for blood pressure to not get out of control.

Queueing is available in Fantrax. I never use it but if you need to go to the loo or something you might want to put some players in there first.

11 umpires have opted out of the season

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    11 umpires have opted out of the season
    Is one of them Joe West? Please? Can we increase the opt out to 12?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    Nope, Joe west pretty much said he's not a believer. Shocker I know...

Apologies to the Monkees...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    But seriously, how is that guy still an ump? There has to be thousands of guys good at that job eager to replace him.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    From RW:

Didi Gregorius told reporters on Wednesday that he plans to wear a mask on the field at all times.

I havent heard any other athlete say this. He says he's hi-risk because of kidney problems. I assume that he also intends to wear it at all times in the locker room where it's much more important to wear it.