Bieber vs. Greinke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bieber vs. Greinke

Just for this year who do you like better in a 5x5 Bieber or Greinke?

In my case it is AL only.

Next do you bump up these guys over Verlander given the injury?

Bieber and it's not close.

Comment

I like Bieber more but I'm not paying the price he is going for. At their actual cost I will take Grienke all day.

I'd probably take both over JV if they all cost the same, but it's really close.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Just for this year who do you like better in a 5x5 Bieber or Greinke?

In my case it is AL only.

Next do you bump up these guys over Verlander given the injury?
        Bieber >>> Greinke

I don't bump them up, I move Verlander down. I think it's a mistake to move other pitchers up significantly when other high end pitchers are getting hurt. You are just moving up another guy who is relatively likely to get hurt and paying a higher cost for the same asset you were getting before.

Verlander probably moves down past Bieber but not past Greinke for me.

Comment

I like Bieber significantly more as well, but that being said, Greinke still went for $34 in my league on Sunday...and that was before full news of Verlander's injury was known. JV went for $50. Bieber was kept at $9.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'd prefer Bieber, but I'm nowhere near as strong as Ken on my preference. I understand the argument about not chasing wins, but Greinke comes as close as anyone to being a lock to win at least 15 games. Add in the proven consistency of excellent ratios, and I like Greinke a lot. I'd still value Bieber a shade higher - those 50ish additional K's carry a lot of value, and he's proven he has solid control and will also deliver excellent ratios.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

In my 12-team mixed, Bieber just went at pick 26 (to me) and Greinke went at pick 53 (not to me).
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Bieber vs Greinke for 2020? Well I guess they will be the same.

Comment

For 2020 only I would give an edge to Bieber because I think he will get more K's but I think they will be close in the other categories. Given the price discrepancy I'd take Greinke if I am just looking at 2020.

Comment

Working...
                  X