2k20: Kyle Lewis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k20: Kyle Lewis

Former 1st round pick, tore up his knees, probably lost his speed... finally made it to the majors last year and was one of the few bright spots for the Mariners.

In 71 ABs, he hit .268 with 6 HRs and 13 RBI. That was after hitting .263 with 11 HRs at Double-A, so it was a little surprising. And it was a very small sample. And it came with 3 walks and 29 Ks, for a 4% walk rate and a 38.7% K rate.

But the Mariners are going to play him as much as he can tolerate this year, to see if they've got something here. His exit velo and barrels don't have percentiles because he didn't have enough PAs, but he had exit velo of 90.3 and 10 barrels out of 43 batted balls. If he had enough ABs to qualify he would have been #1 in the league in barrel rate and about 70th in exit velo.

Projections:
    THE BAT: 467 PA, .226-14-51-46r-2sb
    ATC: 455 PA, .234-16-50-47r-2sb

So why am I bothering to post him? Well,
    1-I want to believe
    2-the barrel rate
    and
    3- in 26 spring PAs, he has only struck out 3 times

Now granted he is only hitting .174 with 2 HRs, but K rate is something that might actually be meaningful in ST samples.

Might be someone worth stashing away or monitoring as a late round flier in deep leagues. If it all comes together, maybe .255 and 25 HR?

I also want to believe, since I have him on my minors squad in both of my leagues .

I think he is finally completely recovered from the knee surgery, and with Haniger out for who knows how long, the SEA outfield is less crowded so he's likely to have a long leash. His home/road splits in AA last year also give some room for hope. His overall numbers weren't great, but his home games were in Dickey-Stephens, which is a well-known pitcher's park. If you look at his road numbers they're pretty impressive (.896 OPS in 63 games).
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I have him in a 10 team AL only for $3 and he is on the bubble mostly because he would be my 4th protected OF and I would still topper rights to Jorge Soler. So I am leery of filling my OF. I have offered him around and there just isn't much interest in him. I would really like to find a way to keep him or at least get a useful player for him.
      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Working...
      X