2k22 All Free Agent Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    I read this all last season. Never came true. I don't trust him. In AFA you need to go with the hot hand. He's the opposite of that.
    Maybe he hits it hard regularly but is killed by defensive shifts if he's too predictable and easy to defend.
    Last edited by harmon; 04-26-2022, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I read this all last season. Never came true. I don't trust him. In AFA you need to go with the hot hand. He's the opposite of that.
      It never came true?? I ... guess....

I feel like a 15/14 line is still valuable in fantasy.

At some level if we shrink the number of teams down and we play in flip a coin leagues everyone is "terrible" I guess. It gets to the point where we're just drafting Trea Turner and Jose Ramirez and everyone else is trash if we keep looking shallower and shallower??

I prefer to look at the context based on the more challenging/deeper leagues, and adjust the other way for the "great" players. So when we are talking on a fantasy baseball board, a 15/15 type bat is "good". A 30/15 is "great" and a 30/30 guy is a superstar. As opposed to 15/15 being terrible lets not even talk about him (when that production is very relevant in a lot of leagues).

In a tiny / shallow league, you should only consider the great/superstar guys. Sure. I'm with you there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I feel like a 15/14 line is still valuable in fantasy.
        To go with a .229 AVG. He was #311 overall. That's undraftable in most of the leagues I'm in. If he helps your team, the more power to you.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

To go with a .229 AVG. He was #311 overall. That's undraftable in most of the leagues I'm in. If he helps your team, the more power to you.
          The NFBC draft champions format (which this forum uses every year now) drafts 750. So 311 is not low, and certainly not undraftable.

I understand your mileage may differ, all leagues are different. My request was simply to shift the nomenclature. He's far from terrible in 90% of my leagues. I have a shallower league too where I wouldn't roster him. As such it's a lot easier when playing in different leagues to label a 15/15 guy with low avg as "good" and understand that in your shallow leagues you don't want players who are just "good". Rather than calling them terrible and we have no basis now for the 400th or 500th guy that are actually relevant in fantasy (even if not in your shallow league)

Comment

The NFBC draft champions format (which this forum uses every year now) drafts 750.
            You might want to review the title of this thread, as the advice I give here pertains to such leagues, where Pham is terrible.

Comment

You might want to review the title of this thread, as the advice I give here pertains to such leagues, where Pham is terrible.
              Sigh

Ok, sure... he's terrible you are right. Make sure you stay out of nfbc threads I guess since we are playing this game (you have posted in them before)

Comment

Make sure you stay out of nfbc threads I guess since we are playing this game (you have posted in them before)
                You might have me confused with someone else. I am not familiar with the NFBC and generally only comment on threads where I have knowledge.

Comment

• LOL...a team dropped Clase. Outright dropped. He is now using 1/5 bench spots.

I have Jansen, Kimbrel and Kittredge. Just dropped Bender as most teams are rocking 1-2 closers. But I HAVE to put a claim on Clase, right?

C Kirk
                  1B Schwarber
                  2B Profar
                  3B Donaldson
                  SS Lux
                  OF Suzuki Adell Benintendi
                  UT Rodriguez Marsh
                  B Straw
                  IL Voit Moncada

SP Ober Wright McKenzie Severino JosGray Gore Blackburn Gonsolin Sandoval
                  RP Kimbrel Jansen Kittredge
                  IL Strasburg

Comment

• Were Jose Ramirez or Trea Turner dropped yet?

Comment

LOL...a team dropped Clase. Outright dropped. He is now using 1/5 bench spots.

I have Jansen, Kimbrel and Kittredge. Just dropped Bender as most teams are rocking 1-2 closers. But I HAVE to put a claim on Clase, right?

C Kirk
                      1B Schwarber
                      2B Profar
                      3B Donaldson
                      SS Lux
                      OF Suzuki Adell Benintendi
                      UT Rodriguez Marsh
                      B Straw
                      IL Voit Moncada

SP Ober Wright McKenzie Severino JosGray Gore Blackburn Gonsolin Sandoval
                      RP Kimbrel Jansen Kittredge
                      IL Strasburg
                      Yeah, you have quite a few guys for whom Clase would be a very nice upgrade. Easy claim, imo.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Yeah, you have quite a few guys for whom Clase would be a very nice upgrade. Easy claim, imo.
                        Fair enough. I plan to drop Kittredge as I don't want to roster 4 closers.

Comment

• I just traded Wright/Marsh for Bo so I can activate Moncada from the IL.

I wanted to drop an SP but my remaining SP are: Ray Gonsolin Severino McKenzie Rasmussen Blackburn Gore Kirby Sandoval

All have good ratios and K-rates and I figured whoever I dropped would get snapped up.

Comment

Pham is terrible.
                            Thanks for heating Pham up. He's hitting .276/.369/.441 with 6HR, 31R, 22RBI, and 4SB in the 41 games since this comment.

That's a 24 HR, 16 SB, 122 R, 87 RBI pace.

Comment

Thanks for heating Pham up. He's hitting .276/.369/.441 with 6HR, 31R, 22RBI, and 4SB in the 41 games since this comment.

That's a 24 HR, 16 SB, 122 R, 87 RBI pace.
                              What a bum.

In all seriousness, I don't own any shares, but I'm glad he heated back for those of you who do.
                              Last edited by virgonomic; 06-17-2022, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Here is my staff. I need to make room for Giles. Can I drop any of these guys or should I try to trade?

Gore Stripling Gonsolin Castillo Severino Sandoval McKenzie Ohtani Strider
                                Kimbrel Jansen Houck Giles (IL)

Comment

Working...
                                X