Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• translation, i'll kick your ass at any H2H format

Comment

• the one guy i'd be worried about in any league in any format is joncarlos. that guy is unbeatable. I can't fathom how he can lose in our FA league. but it scares me from roto.

Comment

• Jansen and Moncada have been my 2 scoops so far.

C Kirk
        1B Votto Kirilloff
        2B Wong Lux
        3B Moncada Donaldson
        SS Kiner-Falefa Rosario
        OF Suzuki Benintendi Straw
        SP Hendricks Sandoval Gonsolin Ober JonGray McKenzie Severino
        RP Jansen Floro Colome Kittredge
        Last edited by virgonomic; 03-26-2022, 02:49 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• seriously start a league H2H, doesn't matter how many teams. i'll join. in 20 years i've joined two leagues here. one baseball one football.
          you want to play me?

we'll get everyone in the league. we'll call it nullnor is a Douce bag league. i'll still win.

Comment

• how is everyone's FA league team doing.

you can't really go wrong when you draft. I used to draft Max Fried every year, I wonder what ever happened to Forrest Wall.

1. (11) Richard Lovelady (KC - RP)
            2. (14) Janson Junk (LAA - SP)
            3. (35) Shea Spitzbarth (Pit - RP)
            4. (38) Victor Vodnik (Atl - SP)
            5. (59) Jimmy Yacabonis (Mia - RP)
            6. (62) Montana DuRapau (Oak - RP)
            7. (83) Robert Hassell III (SD - OF)
            8. (86) Davidjohn Patrick Herz (ChC - SP)
            9. (107) Jeremiah Jackson (LAA - SS)
            10. (110) Tyler Ladendorf (ChC - 2B,3B)
            11. (131) Packy Naughton (StL - SP)
            12. (134) Jacob Nottingham (Bal - Util)
            13. (155) Michael Papierski (Hou - C)
            14. (158) Chad Spanberger (Mil - 1B)
            15. (179) Brock Stassi (SF - 1B)
            16. (182) Steele Walker (Tex - OF)
            17. (203) Chadwick Tromp (Atl - C)
            18. (206) Scott Blewett (KC - RP)
            19. (227) Mark Zagunis (ChC - OF)
            20. (230) Austin Martin (Min - 3B)
            21. (251) James Marvel (Phi - SP)
            22. (254) Pete Kozma (Oak - SS)
            23. (275) Adam Kloffenstein (Tor - SP)

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Jansen and Moncada have been my 2 scoops so far.

C Kirk
              1B Votto Kirilloff
              2B Wong Lux
              3B Moncada Donaldson
              SS Kiner-Falefa Rosario
              OF Suzuki Benintendi Straw
              SP Hendricks Sandoval Gonsolin Ober JonGray McKenzie Severino
              RP Jansen Floro Colome Kittredge
              that's a good team been thinking of picking up Krik for Sanchez but I am out of moves for the week anyways. I love Straw, Benintendi looks good to. I never know what to make of KC. can't complain tho. Colome is won't work. Ober JonGray McKenzie Sandoval you can find better.

the other managers are bad at pitching. they don't realize in H2H, you can't play games swapping hitters. put one guy in and 0-4. volume kills ratios. while the player resting goes 5 for 5 the next day. so even tho he had the day off he comes back refreshed.

I have so many trades going I can't keep track of them. https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/121929/4 I had one trade vetoed. but the guy offered.

Comment

• when you make a FA team in a H2H yahoo league, ppl take notice. the bronze, silver and gold players are like, wtf is going on. you create an active league. everyone is saying, who the fuck is this guy and he's not going to beat me. thus, you are a creator. yeah, I saw this guy once draft Richard Lovelady in the first round and won.

I like to help build their teams. this is a new strategy for me. pickup the good FA and trade them to them. for example one guy that has been trading with me, I am offering Cal Quantrill for Kyle Higashioka because he needs pitching. he's a good pitcher but there is a luxury of pitching if you know your shit.

Comment

• just accepted a trade for getting M. Straw for O. Cruz. this league is great

Miles Straw, Fantasy Gold.

Comment

• oop i spelled his name wrong

Comment

• the way i see it is most ppl see him stealing 13 SB in CLE and 17 in HOU in SEPERATE years. they can't read simple statistics because their brains have been polluted with chemicals for 80 years. when in fact he stole 30 bases in one year... i did the same thing with Billy Burns. Fantasy gold. and he was. with a better name.

Comment

• after doing this for a few years and only picking guys with funny names, sometimes i realize they become stars. Robert Hassell III i think he might be the best prospect here. also, last year i drafted Jonathan India. just because he had a country in his name. and it's a good thing no-one wanted to pick him up right away.

but i prefer to draft guys like Phil Coke and Nick Martini.

i am like the crazy girlfriend that drafts guys based on their names, and then doesn't pay attention but wins the league anyways.

Comment

• This is my opponent for next week. It looks like he went AFA partway through the draft. I'm confused about why else one team would draft this group of players. Maybe he was watching my draft and thought he was doing it wrong.

Screenshot_20220412-202913_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                            This is my opponent for next week. It looks like he went AFA partway through the draft. I'm confused about why else one team would draft this group of players. Maybe he was watching my draft and thought he was doing it wrong.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1344[/ATTACH]
                            Apparently a huge Giants fan. All those players are either currently Giants, or they were Giants in 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Apparently a huge Giants fan. All those players are either currently Giants, or they were Giants in 2021.
                              Good catch.

Comment

• I had a guy ask me this on the message board, "Larry tanking?" Larry, what's the deal with picking up all the players who aren't playing? This isn't a keeper league and it looks like you're intentionally tanking.

this is an immediate problem. because this league is great. I see the lowest ranked managers being the most active. and I don't want to say anything that might scare them away. also, the first rule in yahoo h2h is you never talk on the yahoo message board. it never ends well. and it's a universal rule. the only time you talk is at the end after you've won and sometimes someone might congratulate you. we are tender snowflakes, and a lot of us were playing video games before headsets were invented.

my first impression after looking at this guys profile is he is a douchebag. he does a SABR roto league every years and is the commish. which also means, if he pays money to yahoo and complains about something, someone will respond. even in free yahoo leagues, if you know how to ask for help, there are plenty of dudes out there with powers can put players a team dropped after they lost at the end up the season back on the team and lock it. I know because I've asked. so now I am in the territory of someone that knows what they are doing accusing me of dumping.
                                1) my first impression is to jump to conclusions and tell the guy to fuck off.
                                2) start shit
                                3) I can't start shit because I am wrong, and I love my fantasy baseball
                                4)I love noobs

the way I see it is he sees me helping other teams against him. he's smart. so I gave a slightly smart ass generic reply hoping not to scare anyone but they stay interested. yes I am a noob too. you know, it's like making the paddles shorter in pong. it makes the game harder, but you still win.
                                Rita: Don't you worry about cholesterol, lung cancer, love handles? Phil: I don't worry about anything anymore.

I haven't encountered this before though. I've done like 7 trades. I got trade crazy.
                                Last edited by ; 04-14-2022, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X