No announcement yet.

2k22 All Free Agent Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what my team looks like now. There are a few very active owners, which is new. They are all over new closers and hot bats. I'm 5/12 which is good so far. My pitching is carrying me. I offered 2 closers for Conforto and he declined without the dialogue I invited. I posted to the league board but nada. I will keep trying.

IF Posey DSmith Madrigal India Moore
    OF Pederson Tapia Straw Profar Dozier
    B Dalbec Vaughn
    SP Boyd Javier McKenzie Peralta Eovaldi Skubal (streaming)
    RP Smith McGee Reyes Valdez Merryweather
    IR Pearson Soroka Syndergaard Sale

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Pitching has been solid but the offense is still a struggle.

C Narvaez
      IF Cron, Lux, K Seager, Semien
      OF Mullins, Pollock, D Carlson
      UT J-Upton, Hampson
      BN Winker, Kelenic, Calhoun (Schwarber on IL)

SP Civale, Arrieta, Cristian Javier, Logan Webb, DeSclafani
      RP Clase, Alex Reyes, J McGee, Lou Trivino, Jose Alvarado

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Pitching has been solid but the offense is still a struggle.

C Narvaez
        IF Cron, Lux, K Seager, Semien
        OF Mullins, Pollock, D Carlson
        UT J-Upton, Hampson
        BN Winker, Kelenic, Calhoun (Schwarber on IL)

SP Civale, Arrieta, Cristian Javier, Logan Webb, DeSclafani
        RP Clase, Alex Reyes, J McGee, Lou Trivino, Jose Alvarado
        I need to do this earlier next year. Guys like Semien and Upton and nice building blocks.

I don't understand why some owners draft a team then never touch it. One team has Bellinger, Edman, Hayes, Tatis, Springer, Valdez. All IR. All ACTIVE. AND HE HAS RESERVES TO FILL ALL THE BATTER SPOTS! AND HE'S STILL IN 10TH!

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          I need to do this earlier next year. Guys like Semien and Upton and nice building blocks.

I don't understand why some owners draft a team then never touch it. One team has Bellinger, Edman, Hayes, Tatis, Springer, Valdez. All IR. All ACTIVE. AND HE HAS RESERVES TO FILL ALL THE BATTER SPOTS! AND HE'S STILL IN 10TH!
          I actually just got J-Up in the last couple days. I did get Semien early though.

Comment

I actually just got J-Up in the last couple days. I did get Semien early though.
            Yeah, he's a FA in my league too (but got drafted in my H2H. Claim in.

Comment

The last place team offered me Biggio for Yimi. No brainer?

Comment

The last place team offered me Biggio for Yimi. No brainer?
                Yeah I think you have to take the real players for closers when you get them. Even if it's not perfect... the next closer is just around the corner, but top 100 bats are not.

I just traded Alex Reyes for Trevor Rogers and Jake McGee for Matt Olson. Assuming those go through it will leave me with just Trivino and Clase... but I've already got the most saves in the league.

Comment

Yeah I think you have to take the real players for closers when you get them. Even if it's not perfect... the next closer is just around the corner, but top 100 bats are not.

I just traded Alex Reyes for Trevor Rogers and Jake McGee for Matt Olson. Assuming those go through it will leave me with just Trivino and Clase... but I've already got the most saves in the league.
                  Trade accepted. Jays fan and love Biggio so it really was a no-brainer. If he gets hot I can flip him to someone needing speed. I still have Smith, McGee, Valdez, Trivino and Merryweather (IR). I, too am leading in SV (17 with second at 7) and also wins (14 vs 9) as I've been streaming SP but starting to hold the promising ones (Boyd, Dunning).

Comment

Offense is always the key. If only I hadn't given up too quickly on Ryan Mcmahon!

Currently I'm in 3rd place but it's all on the back of my pitching (12, 11.5, 9, 12, 9) since my offense is mediocre (3, 4.5, 4, 6.5, 4) - SBs are my best categories and that's just a couple good games.

C Narvaez
                    1B Matt Olson
                    2B Lux
                    3B Moran
                    SS Jazz
                    OF Winker
                    OF Carlson
                    OF Cedric Mullins
                    UT Phillip Evans
                    UT Semien
                    Bench - Cron, Kelenic, Hampson

SP Trevor Rogers, Frankie Montas, Cristian Javier, Aaron Civale, Danny Duffy, Aaron Sanchez
                    RP Emmanuel Clase, Lou Trivino, Daniel Bard, Lucas Sims

Sanchez is in my streaming spot and Bard is probably a cut when they get back home unless the Rockies start to look better.

Comment

This league is so dumb...no wonder people talk so glowingly about yahoo public leagues. The following players have been dropped in the past 3 days: Sandy Alcantara, Luis Castillo, hyun Jin Ryu, Marcus Semien.

I put in bids but I mean, this seems to go against the spirit of the whole thing.

Comment

I offered Reyes/Smith for Suarez and it was accepted. It's definitely a buy low. I lead by 10 saves and needed room for a SP or bat. I still have McGee/Valdez/Trivino/Merryweather(IL) and the next closer is just around the corner. HDID?

Comment

I offered Reyes/Smith for Suarez and it was accepted. It's definitely a buy low. I lead by 10 saves and needed room for a SP or bat. I still have McGee/Valdez/Trivino/Merryweather(IL) and the next closer is just around the corner. HDID?
                          I think that's probably a bit much, but sometimes it's hard to get anyone to trade. I like Smith a lot. But Suarez has the potential to be the kind of bat you need to win.

Comment

I think that's probably a bit much, but sometimes it's hard to get anyone to trade. I like Smith a lot. But Suarez has the potential to be the kind of bat you need to win.
                            Yeah, I guess I could have offered just Reyes first. I offered a similar package for Conforto a couple weeks ago and it was rejected with no response (thankfully, though he's starting to come around). I'm willing to overpay to land a stud since I'm trading guys I got on the WW.

Comment

My team has really struggled but I made a bunch of moves and turned my roster over. I think it's pretty decent now but I am so far behind. We'll see. It's an odd roster with only one player that is OF only and a ton of position flexibility. But not sure if all these players are worth keeping.

C - Kelly, Narvaez
                              1B - Cron, Aguilar
                              2B - Wong
                              SS - DeJong
                              IF - Moran, McMahon
                              IF/OF - Straw, K Hernandez
                              OF - Tapia
                              UT - Ohtani

SP - Duffy, Rodon, DeSclafani, Montgomery, Gray, Mize, Hoffman, M Gonzalez
                              RP - Smith, Castillo, Stautmont

IL - Merryweather, Sale, Syndergaard, Severino

I guess I can drop Narvaez and Gonzalez as they are on the IL, or I could drop one of the TJS recovering pitchers.

Edit: Put claims in the Tyler O'Neill For Narvaez, Kirilloff for Gonzalez and Lynch for Mize
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                My team has really struggled but I made a bunch of moves and turned my roster over. I think it's pretty decent now but I am so far behind. We'll see. It's an odd roster with only one player that is OF only and a ton of position flexibility.

Edit: Put claims in the Tyler O'Neill For Narvaez, Kirilloff for Gonzalez and Lynch for Mize
                                I added O'Neill and Kirilloff today. Kirilloff looks to be approaching takeoff. This is the time. His 14d stats are weak so he prob won't be on anyone else's radar.

No one is expendable. Go with the hot hand always. I had to IR Jazz/Narvaez so I dropped Sale bc he is further away. When Merryweather returns you can revisit.

Comment

Working...
                                X