Thanks for your thoughts, guys!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      Makes total sense to me.
      Reading my response now, it came off differently. I meant your proposal was fair. The league proposal would screw you badly.

Comment

Full disclosure, we only have 1-year keepers, so prices (see sig) are for 1-year only. Do you all agree I'm getting hosed? The league is strongly in favour of wiping the slate for next year.

I've been planning my exit for a couple years now. A long-time commish and league champion was caught making retroactive changes a few seasons ago. That has tarnished the league. Add to that the fact that several owners I know personally have left, and out in-person draft is long-gone, and much of the enjoyment has been taken out of it. So, worst case scenario, we play out this year and it's my last.

Comment

In my league we have add up the points every three years and award a champion based on that. This prevents some dumping and is fun to see who can be consistently good. This year would be the second year of this. Because it's such a short season, players are opting out and there could be a lot players getting sick we decided to pause the Three Year Championship. We also decided to cut the league fee from $250 to $100. Then we froze all contracts of players that were kept prior to this years draft. These contracts will be the same in 2021. All players drafted this year will move forward as normal. This seemed like the best way to balance playing this year and keep everything fair for all owners who are in competition for the Three Year Championship. Not sure if this would really apply to you as your keeper rules are pretty different than ours; we have the traditional A, B and C contracts - with the option to long term a player. I think your proposal is a fair one to balance things out. You could take a step further to get a deal by lowering the number of keepers for next year only. Good luck.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

So, apart from me, the league is unanimous in having keepers for 2020 and then resetting in 2021. I pleaded my case but they don't seem to care.

I took over as treasurer a couple years ago because guys weren't getting paid until the start of the next season. So, I'm sitting on several hundred dollars. I have a few options:

1. play this season out
            2a. withdraw for the season
            2b. claw back my season fee for last season since I'm not getting what I paid for

WSID?

Comment

I'd play the season out, pay out everyone as appropriate, return any leftover cash to the commish, and withdraw from the league after the season is complete.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X