Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LABR results

rtsports.com/labr-leagueformat-auction

just swap out the league type (al, nl, mixed) in the url to get to the results you want to see

So https://rtsports.com/labr-al-auction is where we find our fearless leader.

I like the Franimal and Calhoun buys a lot. Otherwise a lot of meh on offense. Man, deep only leagues are hard. But no giant holes either which is good.Pretty solid pitching. Is Kittridge even going to make the team? I would have preferred a more solid MR in that spot to cover any holes you might have in a given week.

Comment

Wow, Zola nailed the AL auction.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        Wow, Zola nailed the AL auction.
        Did he really? The pitching seems a little suspect to me.

Comment

$32 for BoBichette is a thing that happened.

Comment

@JC -- I'm a big believer in Kittredge's skills playing up again in 2020.

Jason Collette turns to the AL East for more bold predictions. Will J.D. Martinez be a top-10 player this season?

Velo up, spin up on his pitches --- lots to like on this page - https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savan...r-pitching-mlb

Comment

Niko Goodrum for $15? Aside from the multi-position eligibility, what do I not know about him, Jason? Seems meh.

Krush for $19 seems like a good gamble.

Springer at $27 in a 12-teamer makes me wonder what I could get him back in my 10-team AL with 20% inflation... have him at $30.

Comment

Goodrum was the 103rd player in the auction. I like to have a few guys to move around the lineup, so him, Alberto, and Lopez are the 3 that I have with him being the only one who I can move from the IF to the OF if needed. I have him projected for:

18 HR
                71 runs
                65 RBI
                16 steals
                .249 avg
                545 ABs

Comment

Thanks Jason. Do you have any buys (good or bad) that stand out to you from the auction? Any plans to do a broader writeup on it - either your team specifically or the overall draft - in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Goodrum was the 103rd player in the auction. I like to have a few guys to move around the lineup, so him, Alberto, and Lopez are the 3 that I have with him being the only one who I can move from the IF to the OF if needed. I have him projected for:

18 HR
                    71 runs
                    65 RBI
                    16 steals
                    .249 avg
                    545 ABs
                    Lots of folks project 18 HR - seems really heavy to me. His launch angle was only 13 degrees last season. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      His launch angle was only 13 degrees last season. What am I missing?
                      I don't have the full answer here, but a 13 degree launch angle isn't a problem. Bogaerts, Harper, Cruz, Bell all in that range. Although then we should discuss Avg EV. But I'm not exactly sure what the argument is since you only stated LA.

Comment

He has decent hard hit rates but certainly not in line with those guys...maybe you are right I dont know. I just raad that angle as a negative for goodrum.

Eta- he hit 12 HR with the happy ball and that launch angle, why is he better this year

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          He has decent hard hit rates but certainly not in line with those guys...maybe you are right I dont know. I just raad that angle as a negative for goodrum.

Eta- he hit 12 HR with the happy ball and that launch angle, why is he better this year
                          I guess they are giving him another 100 ab...to answer my own question

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                            Did he really? The pitching seems a little suspect to me.
                            I hear you but he has two closers and Minor/Manaea/Montas (who I really like)/Civale is very solid. Canning could be valuable if he can stay on the mound. I think it's a very solid pitching staff considering how good the offense is.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              I hear you but he has two closers and Minor/Manaea/Montas (who I really like)/Civale is very solid. Canning could be valuable if he can stay on the mound. I think it's a very solid pitching staff considering how good the offense is.

LABR is old school, no reserving a player unless he is hurt or farmed, but reserves can go up and down. If Canning is hurt, I can stream from my reserve which includes Cessa, Michael King and Martin Perez. So, Cessa to play it safe and either King or Perez if a good matchup -- or a burn and churn from FAAB,
                              Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
                              X