2020 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 NFL Draft

Thought I'd put this out there for those watching the combines and following the draft mocks.

Most amazing stats (to me) so far:

- Michael Turk - a PUNTER - pushing 25 reps at 225 lbs on the bench. Better than every TE, WR and all but one RB from what I saw. How would you like to be a TE in the interviews who gets asked why he couldn't do 2/3rds the reps of a punter?
    - Mekhi Becton turning a 5.11 40 yard dash. In 2008, I felt pretty proud of myself for testing in at just under a 5-flat 40. Yeah, I was a lot older than Becton, but I was in marathon training and weighed between 155-160 lbs. Becton weighs between 355-365 lbs and ran just a shade slower. That's just incredible.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

The Giants need Becton desperately!

Comment

Clemson's Isaiah Simmons ran a 4.39-second 40-yard dash, posted a 39-inch vertical and hit an 11-foot broad jump at the combine. Incredible numbers for anyone. But, this guy is a 6-foot-4 and 238-pound linebacker! Simmons is expected to be a top 10 pick in the draft.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Giants need Simmons desperately!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          The Giants need Simmons desperately!
          Am I safe in concluding the Giants need just about everyone desperately?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            The Giants need everyone desperately!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              He didn't mention Turk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                He didn't mention Turk.
                The Giants need Turk desperately!

Comment

After last year's fire sale, the Dolphins have 14 picks this year including 5 of the top 56.

» Round 1: Nos. 5, 18 (from Steelers), 26 (from Texans) overall
                  » Round 2: Nos. 39, 56 (from Saints)
                  » Round 3: No. 70
                  » Round 4: No. 141
                  » Round 5: Nos. 153, 154 (from Jaguars through Steelers), 173 (from Ravens through Rams)
                  » Round 6: No. 185
                  » Round 7: Nos. 227 (from Colts), 246 (from Chiefs), 251
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Raiders (12 & 19) and Jaguars (9 & 20) also have two top 20 picks this year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...nds-255-picks/

those are the 255 picks in order

and here is team by team

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...with-14-picks/

Buffalo, Chicago, Houston, Indy, LA Rams, and Pittsburgh don't have a first-round pick.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Somehow, someway, I need to find a way to get on the New Orleans in-person draft team:

The New Orleans Saints are planning to hold their draft war room at the Dixie Brewery in New Orleans, which is also owned by team owner Gayle Benson, since the NFL forced its teams to shut down its facilities amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Comment

The NFL is finally facing the reality of the pandemic, now saying the Draft will be completely virtual.

Comment

The NFL is finally facing the reality of the pandemic, now saying the Draft will be completely virtual.
                            I'll bet every AFC team moves to a top-secret location for their draft room. Somehow, I have this suspicion that Bill B. is talking to his CIA friends on how to jam their cell phones and DOS their WiFi.

Comment

The Giants need Becton desperately!
                              His drug test was flagged. You might not want him that desperately...

Comment

Working...
                              X