No announcement yet.

2020 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Giants could use those picks desperately!

Comment

Very few surprises through 13. Maybe Simmons at 8, a little
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Very boring draft, and not just because of ESPN’s relatively shoddy coverage. Hardly any trades, few surprises, very little excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Very boring draft, and not just because of ESPN’s relatively shoddy coverage. Hardly any trades, few surprises, very little excitement.
          Agree in the general sense.

As a cowboys fan though, it was a really fun evening.

Comment

Agree, though I'm glad the Packers took a risk on Jordan Love. Going to be interesting to see if Aaron will treat Love better than Favre treated him. When the Packers traded up, I thought they were going for Queen for sure. He'd have been a great pick, too, but I like the prep in getting ready for the post-Aaron future in a couple years.
            Last edited by chancellor; 04-24-2020, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Agree, though I'm glad the Packers took a risk on Jordan Love. Going to be interesting to see if Aaron will treat Love better than Favre treated him. When the Packers traded up, I thought they were going for Queen for sure. He'd have been a great pick, too, but I like the prep in getting ready for the post-Aaron future in a couple years.
              That was a shocking pick. Not only was it shocking that they traded up, but that they basically announced to the world that Rodgers is a short-timer with them. And that they didn't add any weapons for him, when some solid WRs and a potential elite TE in Cole Kmet was still around.

Comment

That was a shocking pick. Not only was it shocking that they traded up, but that they basically announced to the world that Rodgers is a short-timer with them. And that they didn't add any weapons for him, when some solid WRs and a potential elite TE in Cole Kmet was still around.
                It certainly has the locals in a frenzy. I really like the pick, but a lot of local sports radio hounds are on the rampage about it. IMO, the WR class is plenty deep enough to find quality talent in rounds 2 or 3. In addition, something happened at or before the combine to downgrade Kmet on a lot of boards. I saw multiple mocks showing him in the first round early on, and very few later. I'm not saying you're wrong about elite upside with him, just that from my reading a lot of teams saw something that pushed him down boards.

But cold reality is Aaron is 36, and while it's possible he'll still be Brees/Brady like into age 40, the odds are against it. Getting a QB who has elite tools but likely needs a couple years of seasoning looks perfect to me.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with their next group of 2-3 picks. On one hand, going out and getting another WR/TE and OL makes sense. OTOH, Jerry Jeudy could have dropped to them, and he wouldn't help them beat San Fran. With all of their defensive improvements, they're just going to get steamrolled by the Niners for the foreseeable future without some major interior defensive upgrades.

Comment

Kim Jones from NFL Network said yesterday that there are TWELVE impact WRs in this draft.

she said every year at the combine, scouts complain about some of the top WRs, questioning their work ethic or that they are too dependent on looking to the sidelines for instruction.

but not this year - scouts have no quarrel that she heard with any of the crop. still 5 or 6 of those left.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

and after Pick 57 - TWELVE WRs are off the board, tied for most ever and with 7 picks to go

and now 13 out of 59 picks (!)
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      It certainly has the locals in a frenzy. I really like the pick, but a lot of local sports radio hounds are on the rampage about it. IMO, the WR class is plenty deep enough to find quality talent in rounds 2 or 3. In addition, something happened at or before the combine to downgrade Kmet on a lot of boards. I saw multiple mocks showing him in the first round early on, and very few later. I'm not saying you're wrong about elite upside with him, just that from my reading a lot of teams saw something that pushed him down boards.

But cold reality is Aaron is 36, and while it's possible he'll still be Brees/Brady like into age 40, the odds are against it. Getting a QB who has elite tools but likely needs a couple years of seasoning looks perfect to me.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with their next group of 2-3 picks. On one hand, going out and getting another WR/TE and OL makes sense. OTOH, Jerry Jeudy could have dropped to them, and he wouldn't help them beat San Fran. With all of their defensive improvements, they're just going to get steamrolled by the Niners for the foreseeable future without some major interior defensive upgrades.
                      Just saw a tweet that the Packers QBs are now ARod and J-Lo.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
                        Just saw a tweet that the Packers QBs are now ARod and J-Lo.
                        LOL!! Awesome!

Didn't like their second day picks at all, though the third day has some real potential gems. Runyan surprised me that he was available in the sixth.

Comment

The AFC North now has 3 Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Redskins get high grades for their draft from the college coaches:

"Ron Rivera and the Washington Redskins are coming off of a successful 2020 NFL Draft. While their class is headlined by former Ohio State pass rusher Chase Young, all eight players Washington selected have potential at the next level.

On Tuesday, Yahoo! Sports published a report about the top small-school steals in the NFL draft. They polled more than 120 college coaches and assistants from every league and tallied the votes from both the repetition of appearances and conviction of argument. Two Redskins draftees made the list -- including one prospect coaches considered the top steal of the draft."

Comment

i think the giants had a pretty good draft. not my team but glad to see it. patriots had a weird draft. the dog thing was funny. like wtf is the dog doing picking 2 TE's ranked lower than other ones! glad to see TB had a good draft. also, ravens and cowboys nailed it. i am getting frustrated with gruden, and i don't know wtf the broncos are doing with wr's.

so afterwards i suddenly got 2 emails from the jets announcing 2 draft picks. which is funny because i never signed up for it or am a jets fan. i don't watch what the jets do so there is no electronic trail. then i remembered a year or two when i bought nfl reply i listed the jets as my favorite team. just because i felt like being lazy or sneaky. so nfl.com sold that information to the jets, and they were kindly enough to alert me to some of their draft picks.

don't get me wrong, i like jets fans. and i wish the team well this season. but watching the jets sometimes is like witnessing a car accident. your upset everyone is driving slow but when you get to it and pass by, you you have to check it out too. and again, i love jets fans, they really deserve to win. but for the average jets fan the most common and first reaction to any jets draft pick is to frantically look around at brethren and say who! so i understand why i got an email from them about who they drafted even though i am in ne.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                i think the giants had a pretty good draft. not my team but glad to see it.
                                I thought the Giant's draft was average at best. Thomas will be fine, but he could have easily been taken in the middle of the 1st, they should have traded down ideally. I like McKinney. The rest of the draft didn't seem great.

Comment

Working...
                                X