Realmuto and catcher strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realmuto and catcher strategy

I have the potential to trade away or keep Realmuto in a 12 team yahoo roto league

I can keep Realmuto as my 14th round player (one year) and throw away a 21st round Tim Anderson
    OR trade Realmuto and a 10 or 11th round pick and receive a probably 5th - maybe 4th round draft pick and keep Anderson as my 21st rounder instead

I would keep a 21st round Anderson over a 14th round Realmuto.

Anderson has a better team this year. I think he gets better than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      I have the potential to trade away or keep Realmuto in a 12 team yahoo roto league

I can keep Realmuto as my 14th round player (one year) and throw away a 21st round Tim Anderson
      OR trade Realmuto and a 10 or 11th round pick and receive a probably 5th - maybe 4th round draft pick and keep Anderson as my 21st rounder instead
      Option 2 trading away Realmuto and keeping Anderson seems like the better option by far to me.

Comment

I would prefer Realmuto in the 14th over TA in the 21st, in a 12-team league. But it's close. But getting an update from the 10th round to the 5th round in addition? That makes it a lot closer. It's roto, so what would your speed look like? How many players are kept?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I would prefer Realmuto in the 14th over TA in the 21st, in a 12-team league. But it's close. But getting an update from the 10th round to the 5th round in addition? That makes it a lot closer. It's roto, so what would your speed look like? How many players are kept?
          Clevinger - one year 13th round
          Suarez - one year 13th round
          Villar - one year 10th round
          Woodruff - 2 years at 23rd round

and one more

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            Clevinger - one year 13th round
            Suarez - one year 13th round
            Villar - one year 10th round
            Woodruff - 2 years at 23rd round

and one more
            In a 12 team league, and with only 1 year to go, I'd have a hard time keeping Clevinger... even at 13th rd, you're only getting maybe 60-80% of a full season, probably under 150 IP... let someone else overdraft him if they dont think it's a big deal to invest heavily in injured SP in a 12 team format.

I also own Clevinger at $11 through '21 in an AL only. I love the guy. I'm only advising based on your league size and keeper dynamics.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm with Ken on this one - I'd do the deal if you can make it happen.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm with Teenwolf. I'd drop Clevinger. (And I am assuming this is a 1 C league---if it is a 2 C league, then you keep Realmuto without question.) I'd honestly keep both over Villar in the 10th, too.

Comment

still tough call

There are 60 people kept before the draft - so ADPs must be adjusted - cant keep players drafted last year in round 4 or earlier
                  so 1st 2 rounds go about as predicted (Soto kept though)
                  but round 3 changes drastically - middle of round 3 available are Bryant, Machado, Cruz for example
                  and so does 4 - middle available Greinke, Ozuna, Gallo
                  and from there on gets more drastic

keeper round inflation is huge for Clevinger (even injured), Anderson, Realmuto, Suarez (even injured)

trying to trade just about any player for an upgraded draft pick but no real interest

Comment

Working...
                  X