Talk me out of drinking the eovaldi kool-aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I feel like a meat eater at a vegetarian convention admitting this, but...it's a a h2h weekly points league. All about accumulating points, and even marginal SPs have an inflated value because of the deep benches and the value of 2 start pitchers.
    Even still, there's only 9 pitchers that can be rostered per team in the auction portion of the draft, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Even still, there's only 9 pitchers that can be rostered per team in the auction portion of the draft, correct?
      No, we have no roster restrictions for our benches. As long as we can fill our 13 hitters and 9 pitchers (5 sp, 2 rp, 2 any pitcher), we can use all of our 8 bench spots on anything we want. Some guys will use almost all of them on SPs. Usually those are the guys that spend most on hitting and load up on low end arms for volume, although our scoring tries to minimize the effectiveness of that with pretty stern negative scoring for bad outings.

Comment

No, we have no roster restrictions for our benches. As long as we can fill our 13 hitters and 9 pitchers, we can use all of our 8 bench spots on anything we want. Some guys will use almost all of them on SPs.
        So you have $260 to buy 30 players?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          So you have $260 to buy 30 players?
          Lol, I am revealing all of how crazy are league is. It is a 27 year old custom league we started in high school (we are ahead of the pts emergence--back then no one did pts). We have a $400, absurd inflation--400 to buy 30. Lots of whackiness grand fathered in, but we are all used to it and have fun with it. The idea was to make it more dynasty like, to give more funds for longer extensions. It works for that.

Comment

I wouldn't make him a keeper because he'll only go for a buck at auction anyway.

I was all over him last year as a SP and then again as a potential closer. He's pretty much the same risk/reward guy this year except much cheaper. He'll be in the Red Sox rotation if he's healthy and is probably worth a late flyer in big leagues.

Comment

You guys talked me out of it. I ended up trading for JD Davis instead. I worry about his defense, health, Cespedes, but he can hit, and I got him cheap--for a 3rd round prospect draft pick.

Comment

You guys talked me out of it. I ended up trading for JD Davis instead. I worry about his defense, health, Cespedes, but he can hit, and I got him cheap--for a 3rd round prospect draft pick.
                Awesome deal, much better to keep a high ceiling bat like Davis over an iffy SP flyer. I drafted JD Davis last year in all 3 leagues I could, $2-$3. Very happy to have him.

The high BA appears to be legit, with plus raw power that could unlock a breakout. I'm optimistic that he can force his way onto the field somewhere.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Awesome deal, much better to keep a high ceiling bat like Davis over an iffy SP flyer. I drafted JD Davis last year in all 3 leagues I could, $2-$3. Very happy to have him.

The high BA appears to be legit, with plus raw power that could unlock a breakout. I'm optimistic that he can force his way onto the field somewhere.
                  Yeah, I like his bat a lot. Only health--has old labrum scar tissue--poor defense, and the Mets general fuckery with their lines ups scare me. But I agree, the bat is legit.

Comment

Working...
                  X