No announcement yet.

Luis Severino - TJ Surgery (2/25)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a major injury like this that makes me question why fantasy players — especially in the NFBC — draft so early in the pre-season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      It’s a major injury like this that makes me question why fantasy players — especially in the NFBC — draft so early in the pre-season.
      I think it works both ways.

If we drafted later for our RJ team, for example Clevinger wouldn't have gone in the 2nd, so we'd potentially be looking at a worse pick. And Sev obviously doesn't go in the 4th, so we might not end up with Kershaw.

Comment

Severino signed his contract extension 12 months ago. think he knew something?

2019: $6M for 12 IP
        2020: $10M - 0 IP
        2021: $10.25M - 0-60 IP?
        2022: $11M
        2023 (club option): $15M with $2.75M buyout
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Severino signed his contract extension 12 months ago. think he knew something?
          If this were the Mets, I could easily accept that Severino were smarter than their doctors. The Yankees...not so much.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I think it works both ways.

If we drafted later for our RJ team, for example Clevinger wouldn't have gone in the 2nd, so we'd potentially be looking at a worse pick. And Sev obviously doesn't go in the 4th, so we might not end up with Kershaw.
            Of course other teams will win out by avoiding these mines, but eventually, the early player will get bit, too.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Of course other teams will win out by avoiding these mines, but eventually, the early player will get bit, too.
              True, but it's all relative. They will potentially pay more for Wade Davis and Logan Allen and Loaisiga than we did.

I think there are pros and cons to both early and late. In the end you gotta get a little lucky.

Comment

I'd jump on the proposed trade if I were Detroit. If he does that "well" in the weakest division in the best pitching park, imagine what he would do in NYC. He's 29, has a career ERA of 4.93 over 645 IP, and hasn't shown particular growth in preventing runs. Unless the Yankees see something that he needs to fix and they think he can fix it, that's a hard pass.

Comment

Working...
                X