Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K20: Which MLB Team are you Excited to Watch this Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20: Which MLB Team are you Excited to Watch this Year?

As Spring Training is getting into full swing which MLB team are you looking forward to watching this year?

Might it be:

The super team being built in Chavez Ravine?

The new look Red Stockings in Cincy?

Maybe you want to watch the Asterisks play for numerous reasons.

So what say you Junkies?
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

I think the White Sox will be an exciting team to watch. I'll be seeing them play the Cubs next Fri, woohoo!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

As for me it's the Chicago Whitesox!!!

I like their young getting established players like Moncada, Anderson, Jimenez, and Giolito.

I can't wait to see Robert, and Kopech!

Even the old grizzly vets like Abreu and Encarnacion.

There is a ton of talent coming together which should make for an exciting season!
      Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

The Twins. Offense will be a machine

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          I think the White Sox will be an exciting team to watch. I'll be seeing them play the Cubs next Fri, woohoo!
          You dirty dog you! Have fun!

Cubs as I am a Cubs homer. White Sox as I mostly like what they have done heading into this year. And I am not one of those Cubs fans who hates the Sox.

Comment

The homer in me is really interested to see how the Jays kids do in their sophomore year, esp with a rotation that's halfway decent.

The baseball fan in me agrees on the White Sox, and is curious whether the changes in Dodgerland result in different outcomes ... and I'm curious about the Rays and the Diamondbacks as well.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
              As Spring Training is getting into full swing which MLB team are you looking forward to watching this year?

Might it be:

The super team being built in Chavez Ravine?

The new look Red Stockings in Cincy?

Maybe you want to watch the Asterisks play for numerous reasons.

So what say you Junkies?
              I will have a much better idea after the auction (Cubs and Sox excluded).

Comment

I'm interested in seeing what the Ray's do with all of their first base,dh and outfield types.

Comment

The Marlins - of all teams - would need a lot of breakouts simultaneously, but they have so many pitching prospects that it's possible that, say, 3 of them each figure it out. They improved their lineup a bit, too, so they could be fun.

and with that, I just checked and then put down a few shekels on Marlins OVER 64.5 wins!
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The Brewers, of course!

Other than my homerism, I'm really intrigued with the Yankees. Is LeMahieu going to hit like a madman again? Was Voit's first half the real Voit? Will Stanton actually make it to triple digit games played? Will Brett Gardner be the last man standing in the OF? Heck, will any of the three OFs who start the year finish the year? Who will be #4/5 SPs? Does the 100 pound test fishing line holding Tanaka's arm together hold up for another year?
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      The Marlins - of all teams - would need a lot of breakouts simultaneously, but they have so many pitching prospects that it's possible that, say, 3 of them each figure it out. They improved their lineup a bit, too, so they could be fun.

and with that, I just checked and then put down a few shekels on Marlins OVER 64.5 wins!
                      probably a good bet, tho you do realize that Jose Urena is back in the rotation???
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Of course, I'm looking forward to seeing if the Mets take that next step. I'd also like to see how the Reds changes impact the NL Central, if the D-backs and Padres improvements impact the Dodgers juggernaut, and how the Nats recover from losing a second superstar player in the past two offseasons.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
                          The Twins. Offense will be a machine
                          Ditto. Minnesota is going to be our stadium pick this year and we have generally have good luck picking fun teams... Seattle 2019 notwithstanding, but they were in first place when we saw them in April. Anyway... I love the Twins' bombers. What a sick lineup.

And of course I'm excited for the Dodgers, because I love Mookie but as a Yankee fan I couldn't truly root for him in Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            Of course, I'm looking forward to seeing if the Mets take that next step.
                            I'm excited to what the Mets do as well. I like the depth across the roster: position players, starters, and relievers I like how they've constructed this roster. The thing is the NL East is a crap shoot to me with the top 4, I can see it going anyway imaginable in order of finish.

For the Mets to win it or at least make the playoffs:

Thor to step it up, and give them a stud in the 2 spot of the rotation.

Between Stroman, Matz, Porcello, and Wacha, I really like the innings eating potential of this group.

The bull pen could be a strength which is something hard for me to dream of saying.

If at least one of JD Davis, Dom Smith, and Yoenis Cespedes can have a big year I think this could be the best lineup they've had in a long time.

Comment

Strangely, the Rangers. I think I feel a bit like the White Sox fans.

Texas has done a good job putting together a rotation out of bent parts and scrap pieces. They have a couple of young bats and a restocked farm. They may not be good, but they are at least competitive.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X