No announcement yet.

NFBC $150 Draft Champions - Big Tymers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's definitely a balance but I go pretty deep in the minors as you know. Hope to grab someone like Kirilloff or Kelenic in the next few but if they're gone there are others I can pivot too. Tarik Skubal is someone I think I like more for 2020 than Manning and Mize who are already gone so he's another on my short list.

Comment

50 rounds COMPLETE! Love this format and this will become an annual thing for me. Might even do another once we better understand if/when a season will happen. Still had guys in my queue I was interested in so depth and format of this league may play to my strengths if we ever play this out. Would have liked a better 4th catcher but they dried up and having invested so much in my top-2 I could never justify making the pick. I "feel" like I have enough depth but you never know with injuries and callups. Went a little prospect heavy in last 15 rounds or so but these are all guys who should get a call at some point so to me it feels like after round 35 it's better to shoot for players who could unseat the regulars vs. just getting depth in case of injury with guys who don't even get regular ABs.

1B is weak but this was deliberate as I focused on other areas and then grabbed 3 guys to rotate in Votto, Cabrera & White. All have upside imo and with the first 2 the downside is likely just more of what we saw LY which is all I really paid for.

Am sure I will learn a lot as this hopefully plays out but a lot of fun all the same.

Comment

Ok - think will probably jinx myself but over the weekend my squad moved into 2nd place OVERALL in the standings (1st in my league by a wide margin). All my regular roto leagues have gone to shit due to injury but if there is one to win it will be this one as first overall prize is $30K + $1K for winning your league.

Betts/Tatis was a pretty good 1-2 punch at the top but fingers crossed guys stay healthy and my 50th round pick of Triston McKenzie might actually pay off

Comment

Impressive that the guy in first has Verlander.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Yeah - I like my chances if it were him and me but suspect there will be LOTS of movement over next 4 weeks. His pitching is very sketchy but when you lose an ace like Verlander its hard to make up for.

Not surprisingly Tatis is on his team too

Comment

wow, impressive Rick!

Comment

well done!!! I have been as high as 40th overall but have fallen to the 140s lately. I hope you see me get a little bigger in your rearview and we can share the podium and assert RJ dominance over the fantasy world!!

Comment

Sign me up!

Comment

One week to go - in 6th with probably upside to #2 and downside outside top-10. Top-10 is the goal. Pitching in good shape but OF depth is being tested....

Comment

can you list your roster in order of current value?

in other words:
                      SP WJohnson, Seaver, Pedro....
                      INF C Bench, 1B Gehrig.....

and "done for season" below that

gracias and good luck!

etc
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                        One week to go - in 6th with probably upside to #2 and downside outside top-10. Top-10 is the goal. Pitching in good shape but OF depth is being tested....
                        Good luck! That is really impressive, get as high as you can.

Comment

Sure - here is roster for final week. With no moves, this is definitely a war of attrition with OF most tested for me. Did really well with SP this year getting late-hit flyers on May, Kim, Davies and for a time McKenzie. Struggled to find that consistent 2nd closer with Castillo helping a bit and now Hirano but going Will Smith over Melancon for instance really hurt.

UPDATE: Last minute switch - Evan White in for Amed Rosario. Oh, the decisions.....

ROSTER:
                          C: S. Pérez, W. Ramos
                          1B: Votto
                          2B: Moustakas
                          SS: Tatis Jr.
                          3B: K. Hayes
                          OF: Betts, Grichuk, Akiyama, T. Hernandez, J. Soler
                          MI: Machado
                          CI: M. Cabrera
                          UT: E. White
                          SP: Giolito, Kershaw, Fried, Maeda, May, Z. Davies, Kwang-Hyun Kim
                          CL/RP: Jansen, Hirano

Bench - Hitters: Sisco, Gallagher, A. Gordon, A. Vaughn, A. Rosario, K. Hernandez, T. Frazier, Senzel, A. Kirilloff, Pache, Marsh
                          Bench - P: D. Castillo, T. McKenzie, W. Smith, Fiers, Y. Garcia, B. Wilson, Graterol, Fulmer, C. Martin, Estevez, Fairbanks, Stripling
                          Injured: Schoop, Rooker, Chirinos, Alvarado

STANDINGS AFTER EACH DAY OF FINAL WEEK:
                          MONDAY = 5th (.389BA, 3 HRs, 7 Rs, 11 RBIs - Evan White!!)
                          TUESDAY = 7th (.196BA, 2 Rs, 2 RBIs, 1 SB; 11 IP, 4.09 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 10Ks, 1W)
                          WEDNESDAY = 4th (.235BA, 6 HRs, 15 RBIs, 12 Rs; 14 IP, 5.79 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 21 Ks, 1W, 1S)
                          THURSDAY = 3rd (.370BA, 2 HRs, 7 RBIs, 6 Rs, 1 SB; 6 IP, 1.50 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 5 Ks, 1W)
                          FRIDAY =
                          SATURDAY =
                          SUNDAY =
                          Last edited by Big Tymer; 09-25-2020, 06:54 AM.

Comment

UPDATE: could be huge news. Jorge Soler activated in time for my final week push. Out goes Alex Gordon, in goes Soler.....

Comment

Wow, 4th! That’s amazing....congratulations! I think I gave you advice on a pick or two and should be compensated accordingly.

Comment

4th in that rarified air?

you really ARE a Big Tymer, Sir.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X