2K20 Andrew Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20 Andrew Miller

So, does he wind up getting the majority of Saves in STL? He's been in decline for each of the last three seasons, and only the possibility of being named the closer gives him any sort of value (aside from the fact that he still generates a lot of strikeouts).

I have him at $10 (NL-only, 5x5, $280 Cap), but another owner expressed a level of interest, and I think it makes sense to take the nibble and try turning him into something else.

Here are the players the other owner recently listed as On The Block:

Harrison Bader CF | STL - $1
    Zac Gallen SP | ARI - $17
    Trent Grisham CF | SD - $8
    Ian Happ LF | CHC - $12
    Harold Ramirez LF | MIA - $3
    Austin Riley LF | ATL - $5
    Drew Steckenrider RP | MIA - $2
    Jesse Winker LF | CIN - $5
    Kyle Wright SP | ATL - $1
    Jordan Yamamoto SP | MIA - $5

What says the pen about Miller?
    2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

I think Gallegos gets the first shot at saves, assuming they keep C-Mart in the rotation. I think Miller should steal a few just based on handedness, and he did get 6 last year. I just don't know if I see a scenario where he gets 20+. I would prefer a $12 Happ, an $8 Grisham, a $17 Gallen or a $5 Riley.

Mostly because the 5.19 FIP and 1.8 HR/9 make me worry that the cliff is coming and even if he did get 10-12 saves they wouldn't be worth anywhere near 10 bucks.

Comment

If you can get a $1 Kyle Wright for Miller I'd be all over it. That said, I think Miller has a real puncher's chance to be named the full time closer. It's a matter of when you want to cash out your chips right? Now, you can get a decent player, if he is named closer in 2 weeks after a strong spring start, you can get way more. Personally, in your case, at $10 I would get what I could now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I think Gallegos gets the first shot at saves, assuming they keep C-Mart in the rotation. I think Miller should steal a few just based on handedness, and he did get 6 last year. I just don't know if I see a scenario where he gets 20+. I would prefer a $12 Happ, an $8 Grisham, a $17 Gallen or a $5 Riley.

Mostly because the 5.19 FIP and 1.8 HR/9 make me worry that the cliff is coming and even if he did get 10-12 saves they wouldn't be worth anywhere near 10 bucks.
        I agree with everything here. I'd take Riley first, Grisham next, Gallen 3rd, and Happ last in that list. Dealing Miller for Riley and getting $5 back sure seems like a big win for you.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I agree with everything here. I'd take Riley first, Grisham next, Gallen 3rd, and Happ last in that list. Dealing Miller for Riley and getting $5 back sure seems like a big win for you.
          I agree on Riley for the money. Happ is going to play a lot of CF and I like him this year, but I think $12 is bit steep.

Comment

Working...
          X