Who is on Your No bid/No draft List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is on Your No bid/No draft List?

It's one thing to be fighting an injury, but it's another to lose whole months of the season. New teams can be a great asset to a player, or the worst thing possible. Every year there are some plyers that need to be pushed down of left off completely.

Who are you actively avoiding? Is it Paxton's bad back? Is it split time players that you only get one part of, like Ohtani? Aaron Hicks had Tommy John surgery in October, but he's still on a lot of lists for some reason. Anyone with lesser issues? What about being burned.

Is there anyone you will not try again at any price?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Haniger
    Mikolas

Comment

Trout. Because he will go at insane prices, and losing 20-25% of your spent salary for any significant part of the season is a killer (and every player has some injury risk).
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Almost nobody is off limits at ANY price but let's say guys I wouldn't take within 150% of their ADP? Just doing a quick scan through my ADP list I can see...

A Mondesi
        Huira
        Sale
        Robles
        Edwin Diaz
        Lamet
        Will Smith the Brave

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Almost nobody is off limits at ANY price but let's say guys I wouldn't take within 150% of their ADP? Just doing a quick scan through my ADP list I can see...

A Mondesi
          Huira
          Sale
          Robles
          Edwin Diaz
          Lamet
          Will Smith the Brave
          Robles and Hiura are surprising in that list. Especially with the talk of Robles leading off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Robles and Hiura are surprising in that list. Especially with the talk of Robles leading off.
            I know Robles can run but the statcast numbers are so bad, I have literally no idea how he hit 17 HRs last year. He also hits the ball in the air a lot more than you'd want for someone who can't drive the ball which limits his AVG ceiling. I will give him credit for having better plate discipline than you might think but I can't spend a top 70 pick on him when he could be a lot closer to Mallex Smith than we think. I really do like him and I think he could be good down the road.

Same with Hiura. A 30% K rate and a .402 BABIP mean too much regression for a guy whose ADP is in the 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              I know Robles can run but the statcast numbers are so bad, I have literally no idea how he hit 17 HRs last year. He also hits the ball in the air a lot more than you'd want for someone who can't drive the ball which limits his AVG ceiling. I will give him credit for having better plate discipline than you might think but I can't spend a top 70 pick on him when he could be a lot closer to Mallex Smith than we think. I really do like him and I think he could be good down the road.

Same with Hiura. A 30% K rate and a .402 BABIP mean too much regression for a guy whose ADP is in the 30s.
              Good analysis. The 30% K rate on Hiura is concerning although the high BABIP may be in his profile (not .402 high though).
              Last edited by Ken; 02-21-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Giancarlo Stanton -- PASS
                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                  Giancarlo Stanton -- PASS
                  did anyone else do a double take to see if it was Mith who posted this?
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    did anyone else do a double take to see if it was Mith who posted this?
                    Nah, his would have included JDM too

Comment

I had Robles and traded him for prospects early in our draft, also Mondesi. Amed Rosario will steal enough to cover SS and won't kill my ratios.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        I had Robles and traded him for prospects early in our draft, also Mondesi. Amed will steal enough to cover SS and won't kill my ratios.

J
                        Is this your weird league where player values don't really compare to others in any linear fashion?

Comment

Is this your weird league where player values don't really compare to others in any linear fashion?
                          The keeper rules are unique, alright. I have zero picks in the middle third of the draft which is starting to wind down, but I'm 2nd up in the 21st (of 30).

I'll post a HDID thread when we get to round 27. With no options possible, the last four rounds tend to drag on a bit.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

In my AL only where I’m rebuilding, I won’t even go to Haniger.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              In my AL only where I’m rebuilding, I won’t even go to Haniger.
                              Surprising for a rebuilder. He is being bought out in my league and I assume will be a late auction target for several rebuilding teams looking for a cheap keeper in 2021.

Comment

Working...
                              X