2k20 Miguel Andujar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k20 Miguel Andujar

Whither Andujar in 2020? Does he get over the injury and back to 2018 levels, or is he stuck fighting for PA in some sort of super-utility role (rosterresource has him in the bad side of a platoon with Gardner right now)? Projections are spread, based on how many PA he's projected to get (I've seen anywhere from 350 to 520). 15-20 HR, 30-60 R, 50-70 RBI, couple of SB...

I have a keeper choice between a $2 Ahmed or a $3 Andujar - a couple of weeks ago I'd have gone Andujar for sure, but now I'm waffling.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
    Whither Andujar in 2020? Does he get over the injury and back to 2018 levels, or is he stuck fighting for PA in some sort of super-utility role (rosterresource has him in the bad side of a platoon with Gardner right now)? Projections are spread, based on how many PA he's projected to get (I've seen anywhere from 350 to 520). 15-20 HR, 30-60 R, 50-70 RBI, couple of SB...

I have a keeper choice between a $2 Ahmed or a $3 Andujar - a couple of weeks ago I'd have gone Andujar for sure, but now I'm waffling.
    I like Ahmed, quietly very effective across the board last year. Decent power, adequate speed, the only drag is OBP...Andujar is such a crap shoot. You could get a ton, or you could get bupkis...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, I like Ahmed a lot. One complicating factor is that I'm already overfull at SS ($4 Bichette, $1 Rosario, and stuck with a $21 Correa [until '21]). Full disclosure, this is RJEL . May have to look for a deal.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I think he fights for PAs, though he'll get more than just a platoon partner for Gardner. Stanton getting hurt a lot seems like a near inevitability.

I'm surprised the Yankees couldn't find a package with him to get more pitching.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Judge is already nicked up too. I think they have to play Andujar to showcase him. I agree with Chance that they should have traded him. Either the offers weren't there or they know they need the depth. But now with both Paxton and Sevvy down, maybe they still do.

I think he finds 400 ABs. He can really hit. I would prefer him to Ahmed just for the upside. What if he gets traded to somewhere that he can play every day?

Comment

He might find 400 PAs. Or he might not. Right now, he's just the weak-side platoon partner for Voit and Urshela's backup. But if he does find his way into the starting lineup again, he's be worth far more than $2, which is why I might just take the chance and keep him over Ahmed.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Judge is already nicked up too. I think they have to play Andujar to showcase him. I agree with Chance that they should have traded him. Either the offers weren't there or they know they need the depth. But now with both Paxton and Sevvy down, maybe they still do.

I think he finds 400 ABs. He can really hit. I would prefer him to Ahmed just for the upside. What if he gets traded to somewhere that he can play every day?
              Or maybe the Yankees trade Urshela for a good starting pitcher (SP2-3) and keep Andujar since his trade value is so low coming off of injury. Also, Andujar is 4 years younger than Urshela.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Or maybe the Yankees trade Urshela for a good starting pitcher (SP2-3) and keep Andujar since his trade value is so low coming off of injury. Also, Andujar is 4 years younger than Urshela.
                Do you think they could get that good of a pitcher for Gio Urshela? I know he was great last year, but he has been below replacement prior and he's already 28. I can't imagine a team being excited about giving up their SP2-3 for Urshela. I guess you could get a pitcher on an expiring contract since Urshela still has 4 years of control.

Comment

c'mon, Urshela was a laughably bad hitter entering last season - a career OPS+ around 60 (!)

he always could field, and he really was great last year. but he turns 29 in October.

if Urshela managed another 133 OPS+ in the first half of 2020 (NARRATOR: "He will not"), only then could they at least make some calls and not get hung up on.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I traded away Rosario and am keeping Andujar. With the Yankees so banged up (and likely to be that way a good chunk of the year) it seems like he's going to get his PA.

Comment

Andujar has been playing left field in spring training and has been described in NYC press as "adequate so far" while his bat has looked solid.

Judge, Stanton, "Career Year" Gardner, "Cinderella" Tauchman, "DL" Hicks, "52 career OPS+" Wade, and "Eternal Prospect" Frazier.

he might get an AB or two in the OF, yeah.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                      X