2k20 Nelson Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k20 Nelson Cruz

Last year, a third of the way into the season, I had the choice of Khris Davis or Nelson Cruz and insisted on the younger DH. Boy was I wrong. What a beast Cruz was after that point. What a beast he had been as he ages. What an anonomly. Will father time ever catch up with him? Will it be in 2020?!

On a career note, I can't think of a hitter that has done more after 30 relative to how little he did before 30. Maybe David Ortiz. Cruz now has 401 homers. 324 of those have come since his age 30 season.

David Ortiz,, another late bloomer with remarkable staying power hit 364 of his 541 homers after turning 30. He was much more productive before 30 than Cruz, though. I really can't think of a hitter whose career is so lopsided in terms of production before vs after turning 30.

Comment

I can't really think of any as well. LOL!

barry-bonds-main1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
        I can't really think of any as well. LOL!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1223[/ATTACH]
        Well, of course no one will ever touch his post 30 production without becoming a cyborg made of 50% PEDs, but I was specifically referring to how lopside the production was. Cruz accomplished very little before age 30. As much as Bonds did after, PED enhanced, he had a hell of a career when he was a normal human with a normal sized head .
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-20-2020, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, what did Bonds, Ortiz, and Cruz all have in common....

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Hmmm, what did Bonds, Ortiz, and Cruz all have in common....
            the last syllable sounds like "zuh" ?
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              the last syllable sounds like "zuh" ?
              Wrong, 3 guys who have never been in my kitchen.

Comment

Nelson Cruz seems to be a guy who, like Papi, will just go out when he’s ready and will have no real fall-off.

And Masher, I made the exact reverse trade in mid-season, heisting Hammer in one of the best fantasy deals I’ve made in recent memory.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Nelson Cruz seems to be a guy who, like Papi, will just go out when he’s ready and will have no real fall-off.

And Masher, I made the exact reverse trade in mid-season, heisting Hammer in one of the best fantasy deals I’ve made in recent memory.
                  Cruz was literally in the 99th percentile for both hard hit and exit velo. Other than his body breaking down, I can't see any reason to doubt him. He's severely undervalued in drafts because he's UT only. He's going to hit lower in the order because the Twins added Donaldson, so his runs totals may not be great. But I would gladly pay for .280-30-90 and maybe there's upside from there.

Comment

Working...
                  X