Page 299 of 312 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3115

Thread: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Wait what? I'm probably just missing it but I don't see anywhere in that article that measures efficacy of masks? Where is that referenced?
    I read it but my attention span has gone into speed reading these days sort of. too many rum and cokes. I thought the point was it showed single digit percent effectiveness, like 1.8%. but mostly due to other reasons than mask. like covid just being really contagious. and then the Danish study I think said 1.8% for the same reason. ..the way I figure it, a couple billion people in the world are wearing masks, so I am inclined to give them the benefit of doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    White blood cells can cause the micro clots in blood vessels of the lungs and this can be treated with Colchicine which has been used over many decades in the treatment of Gout.
    I don't think it really dissolves the clots it boosts your immune system or body to treat the condition. I am guessing Prednisone and Colchicine are similar if they treat gout. drugs that dissolve blood clots are super expensive.

I guess what I am saying is we should've been using these treatments in addition to ventilators by April and at least May. those doctors are saying the data results show June.

the way the doctor that wrote that lines his timelines up carefully. he mentions June and compares it to anything after February -then was firmly established everywhere by October. by saying anything after February it's possible March to June the different treatments were possibly being engaged. still it seems sort of salad-like. I think it's kind of bad optics to say this wasn't established until October.

amlodipine would have an effect of relaxing blood vessels and lowering high blood pressure for which it's intended for. and if blood clots formed it make it easier for them to not get stuck and get cardiac arrest. but could it also interfere with the virus and the cell docking. https://www.modernhealthcare.com/sup...19-replication
    Mount Sinai identifies drugs that could prevent COVID-19 replication In a preprint paper posted to BioRxiv, the researchers explored viral sequences using PCR analysis, RNA sequencing, and bioinformatics. They identified four compounds that could block replication of the novel coronavirus, namely amlodipine, loperamide, terfenadine, and berbamine.
    seems legit enough. I had been wondering about it for a while. not because it's called an ace inhibitor and covid uses ace receptor to dock. that would seem too easy and incorrect. but anything like that would've been worth a shot since amlodipine is a cheaper alternative to remdesivir and are very different drugs. remdesivir probably works like a combination of blocking replication and inflammation. I don't mean to be conspiracy but they say it has the big money. my gut tells me a combination of repurposed cheaper drugs will prove to be effective. someone in internal medicine would try amlodipine for the replication and vascular and clotting, clopidogrel to prevent clotting and prednisone for inflammation and other wonders, heh. the side effects would be low blood pressure and organ failure, bleeding do death, physicial dependence and increased risk for infections. I know you can give all three safely to a cat and not has any obvious negative side effects but that is based on an underlying vascular cardio condition.

any medications that would have side effects of increasing blood pressure would have a negative effect.
    Last edited by nullnor; 11-19-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    Me neither. But, in fairness, I also didnít read it.
    I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on the efficacy of CliffsNotes.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    The latest comments that i am hearing from Trump supporters here in "2/3 Trump Support Land" indicate that a lot of them plan to refuse getting the vaccine when it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    The latest comments that i am hearing from Trump supporters here in "2/3 Trump Support Land" indicate that a lot of them plan to refuse getting the vaccine when it becomes available.

To bad it doesn't just kill the willfully ignorant. Maybe they could genetically engineer some to do so.......
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    After several days w/o a new record, another new record on Thursday: 192,186 new cases according to WorldoMeters.

Also, a new record for current CV-19 hospitalizations: 80,698, but that record is pretty much being broken every day.

Edit: 187,428 cases according to NY Times.
    Last edited by rhd; 11-20-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post

97% of these anti-masker fuckers are going to live to tell us all it was a hoax, becoming the modern day equivalent to holocaust deniers. Makes me sick to think about.