Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Is the USA prepared to be on lockdown thru late June?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2007263
    This will never work in Trump's America.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      This will never work in Trump's America.
      Exactly, we are totally fucked. Thankfully it will also kill his presidency.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Exactly, we are totally fucked. Thankfully it will also kill his presidency.
        Unfortunately the ones in the middle of the country and the south still believe he's God (or sent by God to lead us) and will vote him back in - unless Michigan and Pennsylvania wake up.

Comment

• Seeing a lot of states recommending masks now. At Costco today i would say 30 or 40 percent of people wore masks. Hope they help, we really need it
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• T.J. Quinn Retweeted
            Yamiche Alcindor
            @Yamiche
            ·
            6m
            Important.

Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams stressed washing hands before putting on the cloth face coverings CDC is recommending Americans wear.

He said: You do not want to put on a mask w/ dirty hands.

"If you choose to wear a face covering, wash your hands first," he said.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              T.J. Quinn Retweeted
              Yamiche Alcindor
              @Yamiche
              ·
              6m
              Important.

Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams stressed washing hands before putting on the cloth face coverings CDC is recommending Americans wear.

He said: You do not want to put on a mask w/ dirty hands.

"If you choose to wear a face covering, wash your hands first," he said.
              It's really sad that something like this has to be explained.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Hey look another woman who asks a perfectly reasonable question about Kushner trying to say the Federal stockpile wasn't for the states and Trump throws together a word salad of BS and then calls it a basic simple question asked in a nasty tone because he can't possibly defend the head of the department of nepotism and the crap he spewed yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  Hey look another woman who asks a perfectly reasonable question about Kushner trying to say the Federal stockpile wasn't for the states and Trump throws together a word salad of BS and then calls it a basic simple question asked in a nasty tone because he can't possibly defend the head of the department of nepotism and the crap he spewed yesterday.

CBB and OneJay are So Proud.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Want to know why you cant find facemasks in the US (and elsewhere)? And also part of the reason China was able to get more control of their CV-19 crisis? Look at this video. The video is very long video but the part about masks is from 4:03-14:34 (the segment actually goes on for quite a few more minutes but you'll get the gist in the first 10 minutes or so). Sorry that I couldn't find a shorter video about this:

We have been getting message after message about foreigners being discriminated against in China. Here's why it's happening. We have been demonetized for 2 m...

Note how thrilled the lady is about being able to profit off being able to buy an entire store out of a product that an entire nation desperately needs to avoid getting sick and dying. Of course, they would have done the same thing w other needed protective supplies also.
                    thanks for posting this.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• my Congresswoman Mikie Sherrill's husband has tested positive for COVID-19 and she has "symptoms" and is awaiting her result.

she's a 48-year-old former Navy helicopter pilot and federal prosecutor so she's young, badass, and seems pretty fit. she'll shoot this sucker down, one might say.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                        Our Governor is not considering a stay at home order, in fact...here in Iowa people flew in from all over the country for a horse auction yesterday. It is almost impossible to get tested here so amazingly our numbers are not as high as some. We are an essential industry so still working. I'm one of very few at my job that thinks this is an actual pandemic and not a political stunt to hurt the President. Unreal at this point.

Not sure how to embed from Twitter. Between the Iowa and Georgia governors, I'm at a loss to wonder how they have jobs let alone being Governors.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Seeing a lot of states recommending masks now. At Costco today i would say 30 or 40 percent of people wore masks. Hope they help, we really need it
                          Also costco installed a plastic wall.between the cashier and customer. Inexcusable that this isnt the minimum safety standard at this point.
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Also costco installed a plastic wall.between the cashier and customer. Inexcusable that this isnt the minimum safety standard at this point.
                            it already appears to be the minimum everywhere, in this neck of the woods.
                            some cashiers, if you pay by credit card, just look to see if you're good with not signing the receipt. then they scribble something vague.
                            that whole 'dance' was silly anyway.
                            my lone objection is talking at all. tip your cap, nod, wink, whatever - that's all the politeness needed. STOP TALKING.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              it already appears to be the minimum everywhere, in this neck of the woods.
                              some cashiers, if you pay by credit card, just look to see if you're good with not signing the receipt. then they scribble something vague.
                              that whole 'dance' was silly anyway.
                              my lone objection is talking at all. tip your cap, nod, wink, whatever - that's all the politeness needed. STOP TALKING.
                              None of the local grocery stores in Seattle have done this yet. I hope they do soon... I suspect this is not yet a nationwide standard, but it should be
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

None of the local grocery stores in Seattle have done this yet. I hope they do soon... I suspect this is not yet a nationwide standard, but it should be
                                HEB has done this in Texas. Other stores are trying to follow suit.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X