No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fauci won't testify in front of Congress because Dumb Donald says "it's full of Trump haters."

Comment

• Do you really think a Trumper will be make an effort to read that? They prefer pictures on memes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
        Do you really think a Trumper will be make an effort to read that? They prefer pictures on memes.
        Oh yea, the person responded, "you can believe what you want to and I'll believe what I want to".
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Fauci won't testify in front of Congress because Dumb Donald says "it's full of Trump haters."
          That's on Fauci, time for him stop coddling the toddler-in-chief.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            That's on Fauci, time for him stop coddling the toddler-in-chief.
            agreed

everyone keeps saying Fauci is great because blag blah blah - as long as he doesn't correct every single time the lies of Trump he isn't so great -
            he is just like every other "great" person who worked as part of Trump's mob - check out former cabinet people

Comment

• With states reopening well before advised, likely jumping the death rate needlessly, Dopey talks about disbanding the Task Force by Memorial Day. It’s amazing how he just can’t stay focused on anything for too long — well, besides his re-election campaign and his Twitter exploits. The virus continues to rage and he’s moving on! He’s like a child who’s watched Spongebob for too long, he's a bored little boy and it’s time for something else!

Comment

With states reopening well before advised, likely jumping the death rate needlessly
                I agree with this.

Unfortunately this applies to the world and not just a Trump led country. Other countries are opening up too early. Many more will die.

Do we think we know the tipping point that triggers world wide death and famine? I have no idea, but it sure seems that many world leaders are coming to the point of the "lesser of two evils."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I agree with this.

Unfortunately this applies to the world and not just a Trump led country. Other countries are opening up too early. Many more will die.

Do we think we know the tipping point that triggers world wide death and famine? I have no idea, but it sure seems that many world leaders are coming to the point of the "lesser of two evils."
                  Yeah, I have always thought this was inevitable, and I think the same thing would be happen with another president.

My frustrations with this admin's handling of this are just how badly they prepared for this, despite early warnings, the frequent denials and lying he specifically engaged in early, while internal reports warned him of how serious this was. That was all wasted time that they could have been stockpiling PPE's, manufacturing more, and letting us prepare. His continued Pollyanna stances, as he pretended this will never be a thing, then will be over by Easter, etc, all while having to continually revise the death toll up and up, and the pride he seems to take in people flouting social distancing rules and mask wearing are also incredibly irresponsible and will make re-opening worse than it might have been if we had prepared, had more testing ready, more PPE, and a population that knew the seriousness of this and followed the guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Yeah, I have always thought this was inevitable, and I think the same thing would be happen with another president.

My frustrations with this admin's handling of this are just how badly they prepared for this, despite early warnings, the frequent denials and lying he specifically engaged in early, while internal reports warned him of how serious this was. That was all wasted time that they could have been stockpiling PPE's, manufacturing more, and letting us prepare. His continued Pollyanna stances, as he pretended this will never be a thing, then will be over by Easter, etc, all while having to continually revise the death toll up and up, and the pride he seems to take in people flouting social distancing rules and mask wearing are also incredibly irresponsible and will make re-opening worse than it might have been if we had prepared, had more testing ready, more PPE, and a population that knew the seriousness of this and followed the guidelines.
                    Add to that his invoking of the Defense Production Act only to keep meat packing plants open. Meat packing plants are one of the biggest sources of this outbreak right now. The rural county where I grew up has seen a huge spike in cases over the past week, and it's due to the pork packing plant there. Three deaths may not be a big deal elsewhere, but in a county of 20,000 people, that's a lot, and they aren't out of the woods yet as new cases keep growing and two of the three deaths have been in the last four days. The CEO of the pork processing corporation is on Trump's economic revival board.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Add to that his invoking of the Defense Production Act only to keep meat packing plants open. Meat packing plants are one of the biggest sources of this outbreak right now. The rural county where I grew up has seen a huge spike in cases over the past week, and it's due to the pork packing plant there. Three deaths may not be a big deal elsewhere, but in a county of 20,000 people, that's a lot, and they aren't out of the woods yet as new cases keep growing and two of the three deaths have been in the last four days. The CEO of the pork processing corporation is on Trump's economic revival board.
                      And add to this his firing of the HHS Inspector General because she had the gall to say we were unprepared, adding to the coverup of failures of this horrific regime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        I agree with this.
                        I don't. Even skipping the socio-economic costs of remaining in lockdown - which are extensive and growing - the long-term evidence that the Swedish model will fail simply does not exist. Near-term? Sure, I can compare Sweden to any of it's Nordic neighbors and note the infection and death rates are higher. Long-term? No one knows. The Swedish governmental medical experts, who are all well-credentialed and certifiable experts in their field, have made the calculation that moving toward herd immunity is the best, overall long-term solution. The other Nordic experts have made the calculation that a lockdown was the best, overall, long-term solution, but even Norway and Denmark have differed in their opening plans. But claiming one or the other has the magic bullet to know the "likely" long-term outcome is a fools errand, IMO.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          the long-term evidence that the Swedish model will fail simply does not exist

Does the Swedish model even apply? I thought there was news recently about their much different infection rate (or rate of symptoms) due to a genetic difference. Am I the only one who read that?
                          Last edited by Ken; 05-06-2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Does the Swedish model even apply? I thought there was news recently about their much higher immunity rate due to a genetic difference. Am I the only one who read that?
                            I think the model apply would when compared to their Nordic neighbors, as I haven't read of a genetic difference between the virus among the Nordic countries.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              I don't. Even skipping the socio-economic costs of remaining in lockdown - which are extensive and growing - the long-term evidence that the Swedish model will fail simply does not exist. Near-term? Sure, I can compare Sweden to any of it's Nordic neighbors and note the infection and death rates are higher. Long-term? No one knows. The Swedish governmental medical experts, who are all well-credentialed and certifiable experts in their field, have made the calculation that moving toward herd immunity is the best, overall long-term solution. The other Nordic experts have made the calculation that a lockdown was the best, overall, long-term solution, but even Norway and Denmark have differed in their opening plans. But claiming one or the other has the magic bullet to know the "likely" long-term outcome is a fools errand, IMO.
                              What of the UK's experts who initially tried herd immunity then quickly backtracked?

Comment

What of the UK's experts who initially tried herd immunity then quickly backtracked?
                                Part of my brains holds out hope for it, but since early reports are that up to a third of people who get it don't produce enough antibodies t make the immune from getting it again, and because many our saying that because of the infection rate of this thing, herd immunity wouldn't kick in until a crazy high number, like 80% or more, I don't think hoping for it is practical. Far too many would die if we lean into herd immunity. It is better to hope for a faster than expected vaccine and do what we can manage to slow the spread until then.

Comment

Working...
                                X